• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jill, I’ve stoked it up with Gourmet catfood. All gone quiet now after a couple of hours of frenzied activity while it was collecting bedding

It’s so simple , boil potatoes and onions in their skins, when cooked skin them whilst they are hot ( I like skin on potatoes) and add a good dollop of olive oil and a splash or two of vinegar then mi

Look what we’ve got back, it’s nest building in my border.   

21 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

I've never tried Marmite. I am not inclined to spend money on a jar either in case I find myself in the hate it camp.

The chances are that you won't like it, Malcolm, since you weren't brought up with it. Better leave it alone....that means more jars for those of us who love it! :rolleyes:

A few Christmases ago. The supermarkets were doing Brussels sprouts with Marmite.  I love both (although a lot of people can't abide either) but I wouldn't want them together.  I well remember the problems I used to encounter when teaching at persuading children to eat Brussels sprouts. Most had never tried them and weren't willing to do so.  So be it. Brussels sprouts, with or without a sprinkling of grated cheese....but not Parmesan!!  Delicious.

Jill the first time I came here to meet my future in-laws there were various things I said I didn’t like or wouldn’t try. Parmesan being one of them and cheese in general. My son when he was small used to pinch spoons full of Parmesan put on the lunch/ dinner table and wondered how he could like it. But living here I’ve become more adventurous in my tastes and have a love of most things. But it’s since I’ve been here that I realize just how good Italian food is. 
I really hated cheese but when my neice in France died in an accident I went to stay with her parents for a while. Cheese was forever on the table and I was to sensitive to say I didn’t like it. Going home I took so much cheese with me. I’d got used to it and even now love the Italian cheeses.

Marmite certainly has a distinctive taste, put me in the like group though we never have it. Seems I'm the only one that does thus it's never on the shopping list...

My wife is the same if she doesnt like something it is never on the shopping list . So when I take her shopping I put items in the trolley, on arriving home they go in the cupboard not to be used until I take them out and ask for them to be used.

My husband loves Marmite toast soldiers with his boiled eggs. Blurgggh

• Like 1

Went shopping the other day and wanted something different for a sarni,  Then I thought of a tin of dressed crab. Well I have looked high and low for a tin of crab, there seems to be none around.                        ps found a small tin on one website and the cost was £12 00

4 hours ago, Brew said:

Marmite certainly has a distinctive taste, put me in the like group though we never have it. Seems I'm the only one that does thus it's never on the shopping list...

Sorry to hear about your fall just a guess, do you think your fall may have been caused by not liking Marmite. 

ps your not the only one i also have never tasted it.

@mary1947, you shoulda gone for sardines instead. Lovely on toast and only 0.49p a tin.

And talking of Marmite,...spread on toast then topped with cheese and shoved under the grill. Delightful !!

• Upvote 1

Yes they are nice but not quite what I wanted, plus master says he doe's , not care what I spend..    Freedom at last.

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Sorry to hear about your fall just a guess, do you think your fall may have been caused by not liking Marmite. 

Can't be... I do like it

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

No not sensitive if you leave his red nose on.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Lunch today , tagliolini with butter, fried egg and White Truffle. Delicious but the house smells of grated truffle. Better taste than smell.

Chicken Kiev and Egg Fried Rice. That's what I'm cooking. It'll do for us today, followed by a warm mince pie and cup of tea.

• 2 months later...

If someone gave me a cookery book every Christmas, I think I'd take that as a deleterious comment on my cookery skills. I'm not surprised your wife never reads them!  I'd be the first to admit that I can't cook. Other than to sustain life, food holds no interest for me. Of the many books on my shelves, not one relates to cookery. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I bought 'er indoors two big cookery books. She was as pleased as anything ! She uses them to stand on and now she can reach the sink taps. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

If someone gave me a cookery book every Christmas, I think I'd take that as a deleterious comment on my cookery skills. I'm not surprised your wife never reads them!  I'd be the first to admit that I can't cook. Other than to sustain life, food holds no interest for me. Of the many books on my shelves, not one relates to cookery. :rolleyes:

She’s a cordon bleu cook and I’m a cordon bleu eater. It’s a marriage made in heaven. :biggrin: