Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

Sorry BF I missed your posting about the poor swans..you are right..

they are a lot of cruel morons..I want to say Bxxxxxxs!

Oh Frank..it's been years since I last saw The White Swan..thanks so much for the photo's.

I remember it so well, it's a beautiful building isn't it.

Yes...they haven't changed the road either..the curves and hill are still there. It looks just the same.

Thanks again me duck.

I remember it well..

My sister had her wedding reception there many years ago.

bighug

My pleasure Anne

Any more requests for pictures of current day Nottingham??

I walked by that Pub heaps of times last year when I was over,mind you it seems to have taken on a different perspective ,maybe it's the sunshine or just a case of homesickness???

Just around the corner, up Alpine Street, was a bus stop. The #41 trolley stopped there. There was a factory behind that bus stop, did it have ENO SOAP FLAKES painted on the wall? Anyone remember what this factory was? [This is not a trivia question, I really can't remember what it was called!]

I believe you are correct, vaguely recall an ENO logo too.

Can't recall the name of the factory...

It was either that building, or the one further up, where the pole incident - that I posted on last year - took place.

A city-bound 41, on which I was travelling, lost a pole (for no apparent reason) which became embedded in the building's roof; some 25/30 feet in height!

The area of the roof damage was apparent for many years afterwards, until the 'repair' had weathered....

Cheers

Robt P.

Just 2 the right of first picture is the Alcazar Brewery, photo Frank please.

Bip.

I nearly did Den while I was there but resisted turning around in case I was tempted to enter the place and quench my thirst. :(

If my memory serves me right there is a large muriel on 1 of the walls of said brewery, outside of coarse.

Bip.

Frank...if you ever happen to go along Nuthall road towards town and you have your digital camera with you.

Would you take a photo of Christchurch Cinderhill Church and/or Cinderhill Park and bowling green if they are still there.

B)

Frank...if you ever happen to go along Nuthall road towards town and you have your digital camera with you.

Would you take a photo of Christchurch Cinderhill Church and/or Cinderhill Park and bowling green if they are still there.

B)

Why Anne? Do they hold fond memories of salad days past. knock knock. Please tell.

Bip.

They are both still there Anne. I'll see what I can do next time the sun shines (might be a while :rolleyes: )

The Magpie on Daleside Road passed it today boarded up looks like its to be a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken).

Please tell me you don't mean on Meadow lane?

;)

The Magpie on Daleside Road passed it today boarded up looks like its to be a  KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken).

Please tell me you don't mean on Meadow lane?

;)

Magpies: 1950's pub relatively convenient for all the major sporting venues in Nottingham - about 15 minutes walk from Meadow Lane stadium. Named after Notts County (they are of course The Magpies) there's a bar with pool and Sky TV, and a lounge. Has its own badged house beer, Magpie Bitter, brewed by Brewster's near Melton Mowbray. Other beers are Adnams Broadside, Brewster's Meek & Mild and guests. Food is served lunchtimes and weekday evenings. Opening is 11 a.m. - 3.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. - 11.00 p.m. Monday - Thursday, and 11.00 a.m. - 11.00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Own parking.

Magpies, Meadow Lane, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Tel: 0115 9118877.

kfc-logo.jpg

map

Taco bell is (perhaps fortunately) one of those chains that haven't taken off big style over here yet ,but , give them time!!

;)

Taco bell is (perhaps fortunately) one of those chains that haven't taken off big style over here yet ,but , give them time!!

;)

Actually, I quite like "Taco Hell" - much prefer their stuff to McDonalds or Burger King. Wendy's is tolerable - and they are affiliated with Tim Hortons!

;)

Actually, I quite like "Taco Hell" - much prefer their stuff to McDonalds or Burger King. Wendy's is tolerable - and they are affiliated with Tim Hortons!

I can't speak for Nott'm ,but there's no Wendy's /Aberdeen Angus steak house/Popyes Chicken Shack, or even Starbucks over here yet . We have a Macdonalds here and a K.F.C. up the road (about 5 miles) in Northwich .

Although I did rather enjoy Popyes in 94 when I was over in Florida with Mick ,As I recall we had 24 pieces of chicken for about three quid, it would cost about twenty quid in KFC now.

Also the thing I like about fast food State side ( or world wide for that matter ) is that you get free refills on your drinks over here you are lucky to get a free sachet of ketchup.

I remember sitting at Orlando Airport coming home (flight delayed of course) and we had both run out of U.S. dollars so had no money for owt to eat/drink and it was roasting in there .I went on the look out for a discarded cup so as to get us both a drink from the Macdonalds soda fountain (when I found one it was the best free drink I think I have ever had LOL

;)

Just 2 the right of first picture is the Alcazar Brewery, photo Frank please.

Bip.

Just for you Den

FoxCrowne1.jpg

FoxCrowne2.jpg

B)

And for you Anne

Church1.jpg

Church2.jpg

Bowling2.jpg

Bowling1.jpg

Bowling3.jpg

Bowling4.jpg

Bowling5.jpg

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down