It is pointless speculating the reason and motive of these brutal murders but I note that not so long ago  Fatoumatta Hydara and her two daughters Fatimah Drammeh and Naeemah Drammeh were killed in an arson attack which didn’t receive a fraction of the wall to wall media attention this tragic event has gained.

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The suspect in custody is a West African migrant with a history of violence. Whether this is a dinghy migrant or otherwise isn’t clear but either way lots of unchecked individuals from violent war tor

Not sure if to reply here or on the political thread but I’ll settle for here.   I said that the man in custody was a west African migrant. As far as I am aware he is. I don’t know but will

Just stand back and think for a moment and look at the facts as they unfolded. The suspect had stabbed people apparently at random and used a vehicle to run over people apparently at random. Doesn’t t

I'll say what  a lot are thinking now in our great City and County

bring back the death penalty.

• Like 2

Is the death penalty a deterrent or a punishment though? The thought of prison would deter me from committing a crime but then I’m not a person with criminal tendencies. I would think most people who deviate from the basic moral code have some sort of psychological problem. Some years ago many such people were institutionalised but most of those places were closed down and majority of these ‘mentally disturbed’ people now live amongst us in the community. The ‘care in the community’ idea was introduced by the Thatcher government as far back as the 1980’s.

The timing of the attacks puzzles me.  

4.10 am two fatal stabbings on Ilkeston Road

5.30 am fatal stabbing on Magdala Road, then takes white van to mow down pedestrians a few minutes later on Milton Street.

Would he have walked/run across town between 4.10 and 5.30am, it’s not exactly a hop skip and jump.  
Maybe he travelled on one of those bl**dy scooters?  Ban them ……

• Like 3

I see it that he stabbed the two students at 4am.

Then he travelled/ran/walked to Mapperley Road and tried to get in a house but was refused. That would've been leading up to 5am.

He then hijacked the van, killed the driver, and drove around. Just after 5am.

Ended up in the city centre where police saw him; he panicked near Milton St and drove into the bus queue around 5.30am.

I've now found this which explains things better.    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65906687

On 6/13/2023 at 6:15 PM, letsavagoo said:

The suspect in custody is a West African migrant with a history of violence. Whether this is a dinghy migrant or otherwise isn’t clear but either way lots of unchecked individuals from violent war torn countries is a powder keg waiting to explode. Beekay might be close to the mark. Time will tell.

He's a migrant with settled status who has been in the UK for many years.  He has no previous criminal record and a history of mental health issues.

On 6/13/2023 at 6:34 PM, Beekay said:

Try watching CBN news and Talk TV. Just been watching a YT clip on Talk TV, it showed 10.20 and the Talk was about how quick the incidents were linked and the amount of special  branch, intelligence, CNIL forces have been drawn in. Which is why Counter-terrorist team has been deployed.

I have no intention of watching a 'Christian', 'conservative' American owned channel, or Talk TV, which is owned by Murdoch, frequently platforms Piers Morgan and even offered a presentership to Johnson's Top Groupie Nadine Dorries.

With all it's faults, I'll stick with the BBC, which presents News as News, not propaganda.

There you go ! Dragging politics into your argument again. Why do you always have to have the last word. I'm not getting into a slanging match with you. Sorry Col., I am neither interested or give a toss about your opinion.

If I'm pilloried  and alienated by NS, then so be it.

My apologies to everyone.

• Like 2

This whole saga is obviously deeply shocking, heartbreaking for those closely involved etc.

As far as I'm concerned, the ethnicity of the suspect is irrelevant.

And yet, almost from the first reports, there were people seemingly more interested in imagining links, between the suspect's ethnicity and origin, the wider 'ethnicminority/migrant' community, and those arriving on boats.

There is no evidence whatever to support such a proposition and in fact the evidence points in the opposite direction entirely, but I'm not getting into all of that in this thread.

I will be posting my thoughts in the Anything Political Forum.

11 minutes ago, Beekay said:

There you go ! Dragging politics into your argument again. Why do you always have to have the last word. I'm not getting into a slanging match with you. Sorry Col., I am neither interested or give a toss about your opinion.

It IS political and it wasn't me who made it so. You and others have tried to link this appalling series of incidents to migration, simply because the suspect is seemingly an African. 

As I've already said, I'll be posting in the Politics thread.

Read or ignore.  Your choice.

10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

He's a migrant with settled status who has been in the UK for many years.  He has no previous criminal record and a history of mental health issues.

Not sure if to reply here or on the political thread but I’ll settle for here.

I said that the man in custody was a west African migrant. As far as I am aware he is. I don’t know but will wager that his ‘mental health issues’ manifest themselves in violence.

I further said that whether he is a dinghy migrant or otherwise is unclear. Although I can’t see the information you appear to have seen I am prepared to accept that he is ‘otherwise’ and been here a while. So he IS a migrant then isn’t he.

I also said that letting large numbers of unchecked males in the country from war torn countries is a powder keg waiting to explode. A statement that I stand by and if it has any bearing on these terrible murders or not is immaterial although making that statement in the post as I did can be seen as an implied link to this case.

I also posted this

21 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

It is pointless speculating the reason and motive of these brutal murders but I note that not so long ago  Fatoumatta Hydara and her two daughters Fatimah Drammeh and Naeemah Drammeh were killed 

which didn’t receive a fraction of the wall to wall media attention this tragic event has gained.

You have omitted to mention this which I posted as I think some of the press speculation about the man in custody for these appalling murders has been awful and was pointing out the discrepancies going on here.

I might be many things but I am NOT racist and I find it highly offensive for it to be said or implied.

It is absolutely typical of the woke fraction to shout racist when people raise concerns about unchecked migration and all its implications, none of which are actually racist at all and I have no doubt that it will cause major problems in the future.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

This whole saga is obviously deeply shocking, heartbreaking for those closely involved etc.

As far as I'm concerned, the ethnicity of the suspect is irrelevant.

And yet, almost from the first reports, there were people seemingly more interested in imagining links, between the suspect's ethnicity and origin, the wider 'ethnicminority/migrant' community, and those arriving on boats.

There is no evidence whatever to support such a proposition and in fact the evidence points in the opposite direction entirely, but I'm not getting into all of that in this thread.

I will be posting my thoughts in the Anything Political Forum.

Just stand back and think for a moment and look at the facts as they unfolded. The suspect had stabbed people apparently at random and used a vehicle to run over people apparently at random. Doesn’t this ring a bell. Oh let me think. Oh yes, that’s what an Islamist terrorist attack look like doesn’t it. Oh and by the way the suspect is black. With the events appearing to be terrorist related the relevance of the suspect being black is blatantly obvious. How can you possibly think that his ethnicity isn’t relevant is just ridiculous. Time may well show that it isn’t but what conclusion are people reasonably going to make faced with these facts. The police to their credit have not speculated but clearly also suspected a terrorist attack evidenced by involvement from an early stage of anti terrorism officers etc.

I don’t always want to disagree with you but your political bias has outweighed common sense here.

• Like 6

@letsavagoo, you've voiced my sentiments most eloquently. I don't give a crap whether the bloke a jedi warrior or if his colour a nice pastel shade of lilac and ginger spots. What does concern me is, the bloke, (if proved to be guilty) has stopped the life of two young people who about to start their long adult life and also snuffed out the life of a caring individual who cared about his work and children in his care. That's not to mention the poor sods who were innocently waiting to go to work. Their whole world suddenly turned upside down. If guilty, the bloke should be punished, and I don't mean shoved in some 4 meals a day and bed and board retreat.

And I don't own a soapbox, so won't be spouting about things I don't know bugger-all about.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I have no intention of watching a 'Christian', 'conservative' American owned channel, or Talk TV, which is owned by Murdoch, frequently platforms Piers Morgan and even offered a presentership to Johnson's Top Groupie Nadine Dorries.

With all it's faults, I'll stick with the BBC, which presents News as News, not propaganda.

Wouldn't that rant be better posted to Twitter or some political forum?

• Like 2
23 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

It is pointless speculating the reason and motive of these brutal murders but I note that not so long ago  Fatoumatta Hydara and her two daughters Fatimah Drammeh and Naeemah Drammeh were killed in an arson attack which didn’t receive a fraction of the wall to wall media attention this tragic event has gained.

That was a neighbour dispute that escalated to an outrageous and dangerous level. On the other hand, the killing of two students and a caretaker is a random act of violence on the public. Furthermore, this murderer was living in the UK only because he had been granted residency, which is now clearly an official mistake.

• Like 2

It IS political and it wasn't me who made it so. You and others have tried to link this appalling series of incidents to migration, simply because the suspect is seemingly an African. 

As I've already said, I'll be posting in the Politics thread.

Read or ignore.  Your choice.

How can this not be linked to migration? If this African migrant had not been permitted to stay in the UK then this would not have occurred.

Almost all unprovoked senseless knife attacks on the public in the UK are by non-white perpetrators - be they paranoid-schizophrenic blacks (such as Zephaniah McLeod in Birmingham) or religious fanatics. All the signs are this gentleman is an immigrant paranoid-schizophrenic religious convert.

• Like 4

If the attacker does not have a criminal record then it is by luck alone. For example, the news yesterday showed a video of him halfway through a bedroom window trying to break into a house on Mapperley Road. In the normal course of events this would be prosecuted as a crime and he would get a criminal record, assuming no special leniency is shown by a court for his African origin.

2 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

I said that the man in custody was a west African migrant. As far as I am aware he is. I don’t know but will wager that his ‘mental health issues’ manifest themselves in violence.

I further said that whether he is a dinghy migrant or otherwise is unclear. Although I can’t see the information you appear to have seen I am prepared to accept that he is ‘otherwise’ and been here a while. So he IS a migrant then isn’t he.

I also said that letting large numbers of unchecked males in the country from war torn countries is a powder keg waiting to explode. A statement that I stand by and if it has any bearing on these terrible murders or not is immaterial although making that statement in the post as I did can be seen as an implied link to this case.

The NHS mental health trust, Nottinghamshire Healthcare, has a patchy reputation but it is generally good in the areas relevant to this attacker.  See the CQC inspection report:  https://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/RHA

It makes me wonder if the attacker was already on Notts Healthcare's books and, if so, how he slipped through their support net. Anyone who came close to the attacker (as I did last week) could tell he was mentally disturbed and also potentially dangerous, so I imagine the mental health trust would also have known of this. For my part, I attempted to report him to the police but couldn't get through the Nottinghamshire Police web site categories - even after asking for help with this in another forum.

WHAT IS GOING WRONG WITH OUR WORLD 

After what happened in Nottingham  it makes you wonder?

Last night there was an incedent on the park on Church Brinsley.  An air ambulance was called for, but the police are not saying anything (Just an incident)  but it is closed and i think the roads are also closed.     according to what I have heard it was a stabbing but don't quote me on this.

Will post any more info later.

1 hour ago, Dreamon said:

That was a neighbour dispute that escalated to an outrageous and dangerous level. On the other hand, the killing of two students and a caretaker is a random act of violence on the public. Furthermore, this murderer was living in the UK only because he had been granted residency, which is now clearly an official mistake.

I agree but it was a terrible murder by a white man on 3 black people, 2 of whom were children who died in the most dreadful way imaginable. Very little media attention but you’re right. Perhaps not relevant here.

50 minutes ago, Dreamon said:

For my part, I attempted to report him to the police but couldn't get through the Nottinghamshire Police web site categories - even after asking for help with this in another forum.

You should persevere and report this to the police.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

You should persevere and report this to the police.

It's easier now they have opened up a "major incident" phone line and I did so, but it's far too late. I also raised a concern today that I was thwarted by the web forms used on the police site from doing so a week ago.