Show Us Your Furry Animal.

I am sure he appreciated it Red.

Took the Springer to be clipped short this week. She had a crew cut and she now looks like a beagle only bigger

• Upvote 1

EVERY one gorgeous. I wish I'd still got mine.

• Upvote 1

Me & Mrs Catfan have made a decision that when Monty has gone that will be it sadly.

He is 15 years old or thereabouts now & showing signs of his age, but we spoil him rotten & give him the best we can.

I can't imagine life without a cat or dog but none of us are getting younger !

My daughter's dogs.

Penny.

P1020458_zpshqlrtx8l.jpg

P1020442_zpsqsykhpky.jpg

Me & Willow !

P1020450_zps14b462ee.jpg

• Upvote 3

Here is a photo of the now dead Chuffy. He has his favourite dinner....Rabbit. He was a great rabbiter and mouser:

Chuffy1.jpg

• Upvote 3

He's certainly got a determined look about him...... He's gorgeous.

• Upvote 1
  • 10 months later...

Our family had two boxer dogs at different times. Both were named Kim. I doubt you could get a better house pet than a boxer. They have a wonderful nature and are never nasty. The tales I could tell you about them. When I visited mam on Saturday afternoons the second one knew I was coming and would be looking out of the window for my arrival. He used to go berserk when he saw me and when I entered the house. I used to torment him to the point of what some people might have thought cruel, but he couldn't get enough of it. We used to die laughing at his antics.

I will tell you a tale about old Kim, the first one. This is not for ladies of a delicate disposition so they had better leave this thread (yeah, right. I bet they re still reading)

Both dogs had their own corner at the side of the fireplace. Next to that was an armchair, so you looked down at them when they were lying there. Old Kim used to dream sometimes when he was asleep. And could he snore - he could snore for England, sounding just like an old man, and loud with it. Dad tape-recorded it but sadly it hasn't survived. Anyway, I was sitting in the chair one day and old Kim was fast asleep.He started to dream - you always tell this because he used to emit soft wimpers. He was doing this when I looked down at him. Then, his leg-ends started to twitch and before long he was all of a twitch and wimpering away. Then then reason became obvious. He ejaculated. So now I knew what he was dreaming about - bitches!. That woke him up. He looked down to see what he had done and then - licked it up.

That's breakfast cancelled then LOL. That same dog got drunk one day. Dad worked at NCV signwriting their vans, and one came in for repair one day after crashing. It contained confectionery, but the contents were deemed unfit, so anyone there could help themselves to the spoils. Dad brought home some chocolates, Kim was given some (before we knew chocolate was bad for dogs) we didn't know they were liquers till he was staggering around the back garden. In those days you let your dog out on its own, he'd go off on his travels and back home when he got hungry, I often wonder how many part Boxers there were around our estate, folks didn't get their pets fixed in those days. Once he was missing for most of the day, and a neighbour up the road told mam not to worry, Kim was fast asleep in front of her fire. She loved that dog so much, they named their grand daughter Kim.

• Upvote 2

We lost our beloved American bull terrier last year and said no more BUT never say never. Tomorrow we are getting a Labrador puppy called Lola, but Lola is special she will grow up to be a guide dog, she will be with us until about 14mths old when we will hand her over to complete her special training and be proud of the part that we have played. We know it will be hard after her being with us so long but we are prepared for that time.

• Upvote 3