You couldn't make it up.

But that is the point TBI, far too much EU immigration was the main reason for the Brexit vote. Immigration from other countries could be controlled at any time. That practice would NOT apply to EU immigrants as you know very well. Free passage & all that .

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a perfectly good trading area before the EEC. Who remembers New Zealand lamb adverts on the telly ? We traded with many nations including the US West Indies & the rest of the non EU wo

And that is what they are all frightened of Mick, seeing one of their ex members going it alone and doing well out of it without subsidies, the house of cards is starting to tumble   Rog

You are not wrong there Fly, there's still plenty of patriotic people in the country it's just that they are surpressed by the so called snowflakes for fear of upsetting anyone and being called racist

9 minutes ago, catfan said:

Exactly, what will be will be.... i'm sure we can go six months without a new BMW, can they go six months without selling one? how do french farmers react when they dont get their own way?...french and Spanish farmers with their produce rotting in their fields wont effect the EU... with chilled container ships we can get produce from as far as south America, yes things might be more expensive initially, but would soon settle down, dare the french risk us finding a cheaper marketplace, would you risk losing your biggest customer... we are not in a corner, our leaders have been world wide, she even danced to get a deal ready...oh ye of little faith, when push comes to shove we have never before been a pushover, when the fish disappears from certain continental menu's Mon Deu ...so lets stop chasing our own tails, when we no longer have to subsidise 26 of the other 27 we have cash enough to subsidise our purchases from elsewhere, and start buying British

As Doris Day once sang, "What will be will be" !

Like I said, Brexiteers want to come out with no deal unless they can get something for nothing which ain't going to happen. Did Brexiteers really expect things to carry on as normal and the UK puts a stop to immigration? Well, quite obviously, in their ignorance of the system, not their fault . The country has to be prepared for a no-deal and then it will hit the fan.

4 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Just checking through the weekly veg shop,I see the runner beans come from Kenya, some new potato's come from Israel,sprouts from Lincolnshire UK, potato's from Hamilton UK, on top of that, meat is British same as the eggs, not sure where the EU figure in that lot, probably made the carrier bags

Rog

We subsidies the french farmers to sit on their arses. That's where a lot of our £3.5M weekly contribution goes to. Our NHS is in dire need of money there is the answer.!

Many remainers are terrified of not having a queue lined up to rent their BTL properties. Which they do very nicely thank you, I'm all right Jack pathetic attitude.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Just checking through the weekly veg shop,I see the runner beans come from Kenya, some new potato's come from Israel,sprouts from Lincolnshire UK, potato's from Hamilton UK, on top of that, meat is British same as the eggs, not sure where the EU figure in that lot, probably made the carrier bags

Rog

As I've already said, it's not about what we buy. It's about what we sell.

• Like 1

I can't believe you still think we pay 3.5 million a week to the EU. It was disproved a long time ago. It's a lie, plain and simple. 

3.5 million times 52 is 18.2 billion a year! We actually pay a net contribution of less than half that.

In the spirit of disclosure I have to hold my hand up and say I voted remain although I never wanted to join in the first place.

I also admit I'm one of Carfans fat, greedy, get rich quick landlords that is grinding the faces of the poor and downtrodden into the mire. 

Did I take advantage of the right to buy? No, I've never lived in a council house. What I did do is buy virtually derelict houses and spend a lot of money renovating them to a decent standard.

Have I got fat? can't lie about that - my waist line won't let me. Have I become rich? no but I admit I'll never be poor again.

What will happen after Brexit? neither I nor anyone else knows. All the arguments for and against are emotive, not factual and I think anyone who believes we will become a major trading nation is dreaming. Thanks to successive screw ups we no longer have the resources to do so.

Do I want another vote? Nope, the die is cast, what happens next, happens.

14 minutes ago, Brew said:

I also admit I'm one of Carfans fat, greedy, get rich quick landlords that is grinding the faces of the poor and downtrodden into the mire. 

I haven't a clue what you have been smoking but I never said all that !

UK contributions are much more than we receive back from the EU, that is agreed by everyone. Facts & figueas can be manipulated which ever side of the fence you sit on.

The point is we give much more than we receive, always have & always will. Unless we dump the EU.

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

Enough said on this subject from me.

• Like 1

Sorry CF, a bit of poetic licence  on my part, although I get the impression you think a  landlord is some sort of Victorian Baron.

One law for one,different law for others, disgusting, I wonder how much that cost Mr Beckham?, well above what an ordinary person could afford I bet

Rog

• Upvote 1

Mr Beckham can afford £10k to get off a speeding ticket.  It might be the difference between keeping his driving licence and losing it.   Not condoning it but if he can get away with it ...........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Allegedly Mr. Loophole charges £10,000 a day. Might have been cheaper to pay the fine! :biggrin: Beckham’s not that bright.

Allegedly he was doing 59mph in a 40 limit. Apart from at least 4 points on his licence and a possible ban, his speeding fine would have been 100% of his weekly pay, estimated at over £250K. Not as daft as you think.

• Like 1

My daughter got a £60 parking ticket from one of theses private clamping companies while at the gym (I'm not going to name the company PM if you need to know) she gave it me to see if I could sort it out, they told me the name of the company & who issued it before I told them & said pay it as quick as you can, it's not worth the hassle your going to get yourselves into! 

4 hours ago, radfordred said:

My daughter got a £60 parking ticket from one of theses private clamping companies while at the gym (I'm not going to name the company PM if you need to know) she gave it me to see if I could sort it out, they told me the name of the company & who issued it before I told them & said pay it as quick as you can, it's not worth the hassle your going to get yourselves into! 

We got a parking ticket from a private company a few years ago at a place that had a No Parking notice which was hidden by overhanging foliage so we didn’t see it.  We ignored it and a few weeks later got a reminder with a larger fine.  I looked on the internet and found a letter to copy. It was just a load of gobbledegook, I had no idea what they were on about but even so I typed it out almost word for word but to suit our particular ‘offence’. We got a reply from the parking company saying they hadn’t a clue what we were trying to say in our letter but make sure we don’t park there again.  Haha!  That was certainly a result.

My dear old Dad was still driving until he was nearly 90. He had a blue badge but only went as far as Sainsburys from his home in Arnold.  He drove only 3 miles a week!  One time he parked in a disabled bay at the supermarket but forgot to display his blue badge.  Within a couple of days he had a parking ticket from a private company that monitored the car park.  I told him to ignore it, which he did. They kept sending him letters and each time the fine went up.  He was panicking but in the end the threatening letters stopping.  

I believe that one should only take notice of tickets presented by the Police or the Council, might be wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1