60s & 70s Biker movies

We often visited the ABC to see Biker and Hells angels films which were populour at that time.

They were pretty low budget, and probably not so good today?

Heres one I remember...

But my favorite including american bikes was this one...

I recall "The Leather Boys", and one pseudo horror film where these bikers more or less commit suicide to come back as dead but still riding bikes! whilst not a bike film as such "The Family Way" was the in film with the mob at The White Hart (1967ish) then of course there was Easy Rider and The Wild One 1953, talking of bikes was watching some programme "Attenboroughs Journeys" on tv last night (David), he went in Edinburgh,s museum looking at various stuff stored away there, in one room were a load of of motorbikes, all un restored, guess one day they'll get round to such? wonder if any in Nottingham? only know of 2 Brough's, one rideable v twin, and the brough one off golden dream, (flat four)

Ashley I too remember The Leather Boys at the ABC (Carlton), IIRC it was more about shirt lifters than bikes. The one about bikers riding off bridges etc and coming back as the undead was pretty poor.

Like most early biker movies it showed bikers as ill-educated delinquents, this was far from the truth, many of the original Aces for example, were from West Bridgford Grammer School, with a few from Nottingham High School. We were educated delinquents.

• Upvote 1

Did you get that one Beefsteak?

G-AGH.

plane.jpg

Talking of which meself and beef encountered some Bikers in Key West some years ago.

Well I think they were bikers, they had leather caps with chains on, leather shorts as well.

Hung about at the Copa Club.

Sadly the Copa burned down, but here are the bikers bikes!

dm1597.jpg

She's still flying (G-AGSH)

She's a "Dragon Rapide" (I'll be seeing a couple of these at Duxford on Sunday) This one was originally built in 1945 !! and is owned by TECHAIR LONDON LTD , 22 WILTON ROW, LONDON, SW1X 7NS. I don't know where she's stored though.

Like most early biker movies it showed bikers as ill-educated delinquents, this was far from the truth, many of the original Aces for example, were from West Bridgford Grammer School, with a few from Nottingham High School. We were educated delinquents.

You could be on to something there. I'm ex Minster Grammar School, had bikes all me life!

Funny though, had Harleys over 20 years yet I've never watched "Easy Rider".

And there was me, who went to a rough Comprehensive and I was actually quite a Knob.............................. Oh hang on a second ........................ Sorry , .......................there was I actually quite an educated person after I left.

• 4 years later...

There's a great series that was on tv recently called Sons of Anarchy. I'm currently ploughing through the whole series on Netflix.

There is some great music featured on it too.

Wrong era, I know, but what about George Formby and his Shuttleworth Special!

From IMDB website: The Black Rider. Summary:

"When young reporter and amateur biker Jerry Marsh investigates a mysterious hooded figure on a motorbike, he discovers crooks hiding out in a ruined castle with atomic sabotage on their ..."

I think I have this on video in the loft. Made in 1954, it is a little earlier than the thread title films but worth a mention, nonetheless.

• 1 year later...