• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No weather here but got a full blown cold in a few hours

Stuffed a toilet roll up each nostril, I'm leaking help !!!!

You need to up your vitamin D dosage..

"Bin duin sum cowd smiffin and weldin"... Beat the living day lights out of some 3/16th plate steel on me large mower, we call 'em "brush hogs". I'm out of practice at welding, looks like I need to get the arc welder out more often, used to be pretty good at arc welding, but like everything else, when "yer" don't do it often enough, "yers" get rusty at it.

Looks like I'll be doing a spot of mowing soon, suns up!! Going to be a pretty warm sunny day again, I'd love some rain!!!! Might spend some time working indoors then........ !jumping!

Been a tornado in rugby thats lifted a roof of a house and just lifted everything in its path (Funnily, what tornato's do best i guess!) .. One went through farming land in essex yesterday too. Nottingham is very windy this afternoon, sky keeps going black, then light again... Apparently where heading for a storm & the weather gave us a warning? this weather needs to make its mind up!

Sunny, hot and humid here, just done making bread dough, it's rising and should be ready to throw in the oven in an hour.

Sunny, hot and humid here, just done making bread dough, it's rising and should be ready to throw in the oven in an hour.

Must be in Stoke Bardolph...................... :cool:

A tad further west than that Paulus...Breads in the oven..

I'm getting sick of this weather! Yet another gale force wind today - that's every day this week and most days last week. Best temperature here was only 4°C and persisting it down with icy rain driven by the north wind.

28 in new money here right now.

I find it hard to get stuck into work when it's like this though Compo.

I was watching 'BBC news America earlier this week,'Tornadoes' in the UK!!! What next! hurricanes in Cornwall?

Will have to stay here,a near miss from a hurricane every few years aint' to bad.

Today much the same,blue skies and warm sun. :tanning:

Hi Stu, the opening to any conversations in England is the weather,even to complete strangers.

The thing that got to me was the damp. I can remember on a hot day, laying on the grass in the Arboretum,you would get up and feel the dampness on your back. I am sure the damp was to blame for many types of illness's.

Like many on this site I worked in construction,those long cold, damp hours. When you got home, you sat in front of the fire,moving only to eat. mash a pot of tea, or go to bed.

Was a bit cool here yesterday, but supposed to be warmer today with a chance of rain.

For anyone interested in the Apple TV device, You can bet BBC1 and BBC2 on it.....I know it doesn't interest those in the UK, but that gives me BBC World, BBC and BBC2 channels....

This is the best device I've ever used for TV reception, almost as good as pirated satellite TV.....