I quite like the white rabbit tea shop in the city centre, last time i went everything was mix matched to perfection, proper tea pots and tea cups. Must pay a visit back there on my next visit to town.

Personally, i prefer these types of cafes to places like Costa or Starbucks, Although Costa is another fave of mine, but only because im a 5 min walk away from an Americanno and a giant custard cream biscuit!

Anyone else with a favorite cafe? Nothing better than sitting in a nice little tea shop/cafe after a shopping spree, for a catch up with a friend or just for the sake of it :)

Really? i had never noticed, must be my various personalities breaking out :biggrin:

I had coffee in Subway the other morning.

Coffee was pretty good and a good sized cappachino to boot

£1.49 and with a coupon from the Metro Got a free breakfast sub.

Set me up nicely for a day in court. (I was not the defendant BTW)

Hi Pixie, I was only in the White Rabbit tea room yesterday with my wife! Lovely food and drink, maybe a little cramped but, like you said, very homely. You may like to try Hungry Pumpkin in the Lace Market. I go there every time I'm on one of my photography trips in town. Again, a little cramped but homely......

WHEN I WENT INTO TOWN REGULARLY I USED TO LIKE TO GO INTO THE MENCAP CAFE ON LONG ROW ON THE OPPOSIT SIDE FROM THE LIBARY NICE FRIENDLY LITTLE CAFE AND SUPPORTING A GOOD CAUSE AND TRAIN UP WORKERS WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTIES TOO THEY ARE ALWAYS EAGER TO HELP WORK HARD AND ALWAYS HAPPY TO YOU YOU AND SERVE YOU DIFFERENT TO SOME OF THE CAFES IN TOWN I HAVE BEEN IN

It's amazing how some of these little cafes are doing so well.Decent food and a pleasant atmosphere,although often cramped as has been mentioned.

Sutton in Ashfield market is dying a death like so many others ...but this little place in the market place always stays busy...mostly the blue rinse brigade,but extremely popular and rarely not full.

It just shows there is still room for this type of quality service and food without charging rip off prices, and a damn sight more character than the modern fast food joints.

8ae71665.jpg

Agree regarding the Watermill.

One of my favourites is the tea room at Bleasby. Set in the grounds of the old rectory with an opportunity to sit outside in the pretty garden. Ideal on a bike ride that way.

There's a selection of nice ones in nearby Southwell too.

• 2 weeks later...

:biggrin: Pixie, don't think me rude but I can't help noticing how your writing seems to change with your various postings. :biggrin:

In what way Ms J?

Ta. It used to be a great café and I'm glad it's still extant. I shall make a effort to dine there next time I'm in Notts.