Who's Going To Be The 3000th Member?

SO WE HAVE GONE OVER OUR 3000TH MEMBER SO WHO WAS IT NOTICED WE HAVE HAD A FEW NEW MEMBERS IN THE LAST FEW DAYS WELCOME TO THEM ALL WHEN I WAS ON LAST NIGHT STILL 3 TO GO.

Maybe they will, it's always good to hear fresh opinions and stories.

I somehow doubt they will though...

Statistical trivia seems to prove that correct.

In the last fortnight, 30 new members have registered. 16 have not posted, and most of that 16 haven't even logged on again since they registered.

But congratulations to those who have joined and then come back again ;)

Is there anywhere on our profile that tells us what our membership numbers is? I've looked and can't see it. Just interested.

katyjay, if you go to the main "forum" heading, then scroll right down to the final forum which is "Obituaries and Tributes", the total membership is below there.

I'm 190, just counted from members list, but I must be lower as there are several duplicates of other members who probably forgot their passwords.

How come...................

There are 141 pages of members on the members list at what appears to be 20 per page (one member on page 141) which equates to 2801 to date.

Would I be right in presuming the approx 200 missing members are those that have been banned, have withdrawn or passed on and therefore deleted from the list?

Just thought I'd ask. I'll go back in my box now. isitsafe

Old Nottstalgia members never 'pass on' they only go offline :)

The several hundred missing are those that were registrations with foul names that we experienced in 2010/2011. They were deleted.

There are numerous other similar registrations that never validated or were approved for the same reason.

This is the reason we have around six site staff who worked very hard to keep the board clean and running smoothly.

There are to date 9,728 spambot rejected membership attempts.

I estimate there have been a total of about 14,000 - 15,000 registrations on this site.

Only two actual members have ever been banned,

There are a lot of duplicates that could be pruned, I know of one member who is not with us anymore, I don't know how many posts he made or how long back.. Chances are there are a few who have passed on who only made one or two posts.

• 6 years later...