Water's a bit hight at Trent Bridge.

My photie was taken by a lady who lives in Brad and Lard Island. I'm trying to get her to post on here but it's hard work. Here's a picture taken with a 240,000 miles long lens this morning at 08:30. It's a bit blurred but it was hand held! :

IMG_5918-1.jpg

My photie was taken by a lady who lives in Brad and Lard Island. I'm trying to get her to post on here but it's hard work. Here's a picture taken with a 240,000 miles long lens this morning at 08:30. It's a bit blurred but it was hand held! :

IMG_5918-1.jpg

Can't see Trent Bridge though ! ;)

Looks like a view looking down on the top of my head!

Picture is too blurry! :unsure:

Here's a few of mine taken from 250,000 miles away too..................................... slywink

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/sets/72157629209984367/

• Upvote 1

There was a bright planet next to the full moon the other night.

Tried to get a picture but it was blurred despite being in focus in the viewfinder?

I think it was condensation on the sensor.

Will try and post it when I get time.

There was a bright planet next to the full moon the other night.

Tried to get a picture but it was blurred despite being in focus in the viewfinder?

I think it was condensation on the sensor.

Will try and post it when I get time.

It was Jupiter

Venus does make an appearance in the morning sky at the moment, but it's Jupiter in the evening.

And if you have a half decent set of binoculars you can even see some of it's moons too.

It was absolutely fantastic showing my kids a couple of nights ago, watching their faces light up when they saw them (admitedly that was through my telescopes)

Just been reading through the topic, nice to see some people on here interested in the stars and planets! Iv recently started to take a big interest in them and am thinking about buying a telescope, loved the view of jupiter next to the moon the other night! I was wondering what the star/planet is that flickers red/white/green, its so bright, bigger than the other stars... Does anyone know? I cant tell you if its north, south etc.. im rubbish with that.

Pixie, the red, white and green is the plane into EMA from Lisbon...lol. I've always been fascinated by the stars, outer space and anything interstellar. I watch all the programmes that are on TV. I've watched Patrick Moore for as long as I can remember and the old boy is still going strong. One of the things that has always fascinated me about space is that you can never come to an end. If you travelled from the Earth, in a straight line in any direction, it can't end. If you came to any barrier there is always something on the other side. It's mind-boggling.

I was wondering what the star/planet is that flickers red/white/green, its so bright, bigger than the other stars... Does anyone know?
the red, white and green is the plane into EMA from Lisbon...

Quite probably the correct answer. :)

Quite probably the correct answer. :)

Or could it possibly be Uranus, viewed from a lower angle of course....................... :laugh: