and people can pray in their minds while travelling on the top deck of a number 43 bus to Bulwell Market.

"Dear Lord...I don't ask much and I rarely ask anything of you...But would it be too much to ask if you could arrange for this fat git next to me with the body odour to please get off at the next stop?....Oh!...and what the hell am I doing on this bus in the first place...I wanted Mansfield!!" :dry:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

POLITICIANS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ! ‘Entitlement’ my eye, I paid good money for my State Pension and other benefits!!!! Just because they borrowed that money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of char

When I was a kid in Nottingham, I used to enjoy the field trips, some were abroad or trips to London etc. These trips took the kids out of their comfort zones and helped them to adapt to different sit

For those who were wondering....    

But the big difference is that we are not in those countries!

We were born British, raised as Brits and our forefathers and many on this website fought and died for our freedom to say what we believe in and what we do, without fear or favour.

If our way of life was so alien and anti-semetic, anti muslim and anti every other religion and creed, how come so many of them are coming to our countries (Britain, USA and Australia) in their droves at personal risk to life or safety????

For the freedom that we enjoy!

So Merry Christmas to all. Let us have the Nativity scenes of old, let us have Christmas carols and hymns, let us enjoy Christmas like we used to; with friends and family and above all - FOR THE CHILDREN.

These people who want to stop all the festivities of old have come to our countries, not us to theirs. Grow a brain....if you want to live here then you live by our lifestyles and rules. If not...........................

• Upvote 5

I agree and understand in much of what your above post says, but in fact the Jews came to Britain with the Roman army of conquest.

The Muslims,Hindus,Sikhs,and Africans,are now in the third generation of living in the UK. Jamaicans have been around since the mid 18th century,at first in small numbers,and mainly in the seaports.

I think the ethnic people from the Africa, and Indian sub continent, came for riches,as much as freedom ( from poverty). There is no turning back.it has become a real melting pot,and is being added to by people from the old Soviet Bloc countries.

There will always be English people,to carry on the traditions,no matter what happens.So I humbly say "I wish you all a Merry Christmas"

Bryan

For what it's worth it seems to me that the primary problem in each of our respective countries are not immigrants who are somehow offended by what we choose to believe. Rather, the problem comes from idiots who are educated beyond their intelligence, often openly atheistic who want to ram their religion of political correctness down the rest of our collective throats. It makes me soooooo! mad. I will not pursue the matter further as I might offend somebody. :)

• Upvote 3

Since I live close to the largest Muslim population in America (Dearborn), it strikes me that the trouble is typically caused by bigots that cannot accept folks of a different culture/religion rather than the immigrants themselves. It seems to me it is the original population's responsibility to accept the new, rather than reject them. I think this is especially true in North America - except for the original Indians everybody here is, or was, an immigrant at some point.

The U.K. is slightly different, but mostly the problems were caused by the colonialism of all sorts of places, then giving British citizenship to those countries. They may not look, speak, or have the same ideals as the natives of GB, but they are citizens - so they have the same rights! I think it is largely a case of enjoying the fruits of the colonies, but complaining about the consequences!

Seems to me that the best thing that can happen to any country is that US troops get sent in for some reason or other.

After fighting said troops the endemic population flock to the US and start their own towns.

To whit on my visits to L.A. I noted Korea Town, Vietnam town etc.

What next? Bagdad Town, Afghan Town etc.

Loppylugs has virtually hit the nail on the head and is voicing what I was attempting to and, probably what many others silently believe but are afraid to speak out for fear of ridicule, abuse or being branded a racist.

Limey is correct when he states British colonisation probably started it all.

But, let those migrating to our countries embrace our cultures and standards as a prerequisite for citizenship, not vice versa.

Our asian, european and arab neighbours have enriched our lives with their technologies, cuisines and money, no argument there BUT, I have no desire to change my lifestyle, religion or philosophy in order to appease the likes or whims of the various multi-national groups intent on changing our countries to suit themselves.

And I am not a racist....................my daughter married an Irishman!

• Upvote 3

My honest opinion?

Limey , you're wrong.

"Quel suprise" I hear you say , but hear me out.

We, as a nation, accepted all foreign nationals to our shores in the 40's/50's/60's with but a few problems, from the odd bigoted group, but what we forgot was that they might actually want to keep their own identity, (not neccessarily correct I know. For example , I lived in Spain for a while , I didn't expect them to be British, I accepted the fact that I should be Spanish)

Anyway they came ,they integrated (Mostly), unfortunately the housing they were offered (or could afford) was at the lower end of the housing market, thus , the ghettos of (For example) Radford , Lenton and Hyson Green built up, in other words they were forced to stick to their own communities !

We (For the greatest part) accepted that we'd invited them to come , and they had accepted , and that they were here to stay, ... End of...........But not so ............ It's not the first generation settlers that cause us any problems , it's their offspring, the ones that were encouraged to "Get back to your roots" in the late 70's early80's that caused / cause the problems. I mean to say it's the 4r53h0l3s born here that think we owe them a living, the ones with chips on their shoulders so big some could deem them to be trees.

These are the root causes of any problems, not bigots, as you put it.

I grew up in a family that were happy to see me being friends with the only Pakistani and West Indian kids at our school, I didn't try to be , I was just raised to accept their is no difference between us all. I'm also happy to report that hopefully because of my family values (Weird coincidence this) both my kids are bessie mates with Chinese kids (Of two different families)

To sum up, I seriously believe that's if any blame is to be levelled at anyones door it's the 'reverse racists' that cause the problems over here.

• Upvote 4

I don't remember England ever being a Spanish colony.

If the game of bowls had not finished we might have been.

I lived in Radford in the early 60s.

We no doubt lived there because thats all we could afford. Smaller older housing.

But I dont recall it being a 'Ghetto' Ghettos are not built they are created by their residents.

And in my time I have visited such places created by the English.

Right minded people have no problem with immigration... only uncontrolled illegal immigration.

Perhaps this should be in the thread... Things you don't see anymore 'Illegal Immigrants'

I answer to your post Michael,England began to build its empire around 1650, becoming the largest empire in history.

That didn't happen by sitting down for 'tea and cucumber sandwiches'. We went out to conquer with 'bombs and bullets'.If you ever get the time to read an in depth history.of how the empire was built,I am sure you will be shocked, and surprised at the lengths we went, to subjugate those that were defeated.

Maybe in world history,the time has come for some great change.

To add to what Mudgie said - when the British went to the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean, did they adopt the language, dress, religion and lifestyle of those places? No, they did not and when they finally realized that what they were doing was morally wrong, they offered them a pat on the head and a British passport!

So, when those British people from far away came to live in England, the example they had of going to live in a foreign land was "behave just like you did at home and expect the natives to accept you"! Which is exactly what they did. They actually are just as British as a white, Anglo-Saxon, CofE person born and raised in Nottingham - and in many cases, more so. The vast majority are hard working, family oriented, and eager to make a good life for themselves, but it seems to me that if they do make a misstep, don't speak perfect English, or dress differently, they are held to a different standard - and THAT is racism!

• Upvote 1

If you want a little taste of what colonial Africa was like (and how magnanimous us "Brits" were), watch "The First Grader". It is a true story, and a great film to watch for whatever reason!

Me thinks that you missed my point entirely

I said the first generations accepted the fact that they were in a foriegn country and should abey that countries rules and regulations. It's the 2nd/3rd generations that have the problems 'ascimilating' they tend to think we should accept their rules , shariah laws for example.

And I can't see anywhere that I said Spain was ever a British colony! I said that when I lived there I accepted their rules and didn't try to make them accept mine . Clear enough now ?

Why would 2nd or 3rd generations have problems becoming assimilated? Could it be because they are subjected to racism?

If you checked the data, you would find that Asians have a higher arrest rate than whites, but lower caution AND supervision rates - what does that tell you about assimilation. However, they have almost a double "stop and search" rate than whites - racism? Seems to me that says they are actually more likely to accept their new country than the white folk. They are intimidated more by those with power for no apparent reason, and yet no more likely to have done something wrong! (This does not hold true for the black population, but it does for those of mixed race).

So the truth is that the Asian population, despite greater intimidation, actually behaves BETTER than the white population!

Wow Limey, that reads like 'skewed' logic to me, our police forces have drastically reduced S & S encounters over ther last 5 years, so not altogether sure where your data comes from?

If you want to understand how racism works in practice, in the UK, try to have a night out in Brixton with a few white buddies, you may change your outlook, although I suppose that would be deemed 'provocative'...........................

Presisely wot eye ment.. Paulus

But once again the ex pat syndrome takes over, they see something through their jaundiced eye and assume it to be the fact for the whole of the world

When I lived in Nottingham it was difficult to walk through "The Green" if you were white, I only got away with it as I knew (And was good friends with) many of the black and asian community because I respected their veiws and opinions, I didn't necessarily agree with them , but I respected them.!

I went to many a 'Blues Party' and got on with everybody and never ever felt threatened, yet I wouldn't dare got to one nowadays for fear of not coming out with all my bits where they should be.

Only a couple years ago I went to pick a car up from a house in Enfield (North London) . A black kid answered the door, and I was greated with him 'kissing his teeth' "Cause this honky at the door" had dragged him from his slumbers. His father was totally the opposite and extremely appologetic for his childs atitude. His words were something along the lines of "It's what they learn in the gangs, not how we taught them" Is that me being a racist or is it obsevation of things that happen to me ?

Another example for you. I was walking through an area of Oldham Mumps when a gang of kids started spitting on me and racially abusing from a railway foot bridge, the nationality of these kids? I'll give you clue, they weren't white and the weren't black either !

Is that me being racist again? or just my imagination that any other creeds or colours can be so ignorant too. Doesn't make me a bigot either. It means that the kids of younger generation ethnics see themselves as 'put upon by their white opressors' and want to make us cowtow to their beliefs , when all we want is to just get along in a civilised society.

PS What is the ethnicity of the commiters of most violent crimes , muggings, street robbery , etc where you come from . Do you need another clue ?

Hmmm... So, in all your years in England you have NEVER been called names, or been spat at etc., by a white person?

"PS What is the ethnicity of the commiters of most violent crimes , muggings, street robbery , etc where you come from . Do you need another clue ?"

I come from the U.K.