Tv Heroes Of The 60's

The Woodentops and Andy Pandy were 1950's children programmes, I think they were just old repeats used during the early to mid 60's until colour TV came on the scene.

We did have The Monkees during the 60's!! Hay, hay were're the Monkees!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can get an almost complete boxed set of The Avengers - have a look on Amazon or somewhere. It includes all but some of the very earliest series pre-Cathy Gale when Ian Hendry was in it. It was ATV

Posted Images

Was Circus boy Micky Dolenz (Monkees)? !englandflag! and Torchy was the battery boy..............

AND WHO CAN REMEMBER TORCYS SONG. I CAN, SAD ARNT I

Ok then , "Aunty Jean's" surname was "Morton"

"Willy Wombat" was their co conspirator and the theme tune went something like .

"Woomerang Boomerang , look over there , it's Tinga and Tucker the two little bears"

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Nah never saw it !!!......... slywink

REMEMBER GOING TO SEE JEAN MORTON WITH TINGA AND TUCKER AT THE CASTILE LATE 50S LUNCH TIME SPECIAL / ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THIS . DID NOT SEE MUCH THOUGH TOO MANY PEOPLE IN FRONT OF US NEARLY ALL GROWN UPS TOO.

Wasn't Dad's Army on in the 60's too?? And that bloody awful Coronation Street started back then, then worrabaht Crossroads..

Then a show they'd never get away with today, Till Death Do Us Part!!

oooh yes thats it - loved it although at first i didnt because i liked the puppetry of the others and this was 'the real thing' ....well as near as!

Can anyone remember storyteller 'Peter Piper'

And the little song he sang?

It was "Mr. Piper" actually; played by a Canadian opera singer called Allan Crofoot.

Come with me, come and see

All the wonders there will be

In my stories,in my songs

And everywhere where fun belongs.

There'll be heroes, giants bold

Visit lands both far and old

With magic tricks to shiver your skin

Laughs galore with animals in

Your world of fun, Pied Piper's home!

I swear I've just typed that out without recourse to Wiki! Funny how some things stick in your mind.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

My favourite in the 60's was The Avengers, the first series with Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale.  I loved her outfits, hair do and the way she chucked the blokes over her shoulder!  The stories were far fetched but the inclusion of a powerful female leading character was cutting edge for the time.  On one of the digital channels they put Avengers repeats but I have never seen a Cathy Gale one.  I guess the BBC destroyed the tapes.  Emma Peel was not as good as Cathy Gale and as for those who came later, I never bothered to watch them.

My dad and I used to watch Dr Who but mum thought it was too scary!

The Untouchables' 1959-63............brilliant Robert Stack as Elliot Ness.............Thursday nights I think.........

49 minutes ago, BilboroughShirley said:

My favourite in the 60's was The Avengers, the first series with Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale.  I loved her outfits, hair do and the way she chucked the blokes over her shoulder!  The stories were far fetched but the inclusion of a powerful female leading character was cutting edge for the time.  On one of the digital channels they put Avengers repeats but I have never seen a Cathy Gale one.  I guess the BBC destroyed the tapes.  Emma Peel was not as good as Cathy Gale and as for those who came later, I never bothered to watch them.

You can get an almost complete boxed set of The Avengers - have a look on Amazon or somewhere. It includes all but some of the very earliest series pre-Cathy Gale when Ian Hendry was in it. It was ATV, by the way, not the BBC.

I must say I prefer Emma Peel! But you're right, it went downhill after she left.

• Upvote 1