How accurate is your tax return?

Hi Babs. Glad to hear that the HMRC think they now have their ducks in a row. I'll save my congratulations until you tell us that it's all done and dusted, and the money is safely in your bank account! They say there's many a slip twixt cup and lip :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had to fill in a tax return for about 40 years.

A very good and valid point. To make returns all on line would be divisive and discriminates against sections of the population who do not wish to use a computer. It is the same problem when on line

thanks every one stephen i told her i would not hold my breath said sorry what do you mean i say well if it takes as long to pay me the money owed to me as its taken to get it sorted ill be dead before i get it if i hold my breath assured me it sould be very soon.

as i say wont hold my breathaand only when money is back in my bank will i belive it.

micheal your right i did not have to wait long it arrived yesterday my rebait owed to me from 2010/2011 and the rebait from the following year 2011/12 they took of the debt they said i owed, now just awaiting the return of the payments i have aready made plus the 50 pounds compensation for my inconvinience phone calls stamps petrol ect that its taken to get it sorted and of course 8 months of stress trying to get it sorted

today i recieveda letter of appology telling me they had first sent my rebait to the mp but this had been cancilled and reissued direct to me hence taking me another week to get it now it will take two weeks to clear.

so nearly the end of my saga.

thanks every one no begging letters please i dont respond to beggers.sign on my door sez no beggers no charity callers no leaflets sill get about 10 every week put through and we do not by anything at the door no religion callers please they still knock. just go to door say sorry carnt you read dont do anything at the door close it and go back in if i am on my own and answer the door i always use my door chain.

in the bank now will pay for our rockers reunion weekend in august at skeggy our yearly holiday friday till monday. pay for accomidation and most of weekend spends,might even managea special treat for myself

Well done Babs, a weight off your shoulders, just don't fall for all the sob stories at the meet up and buy the drinks all evening, but shouldn't be too difficult as unfortunately I won't be there ! :biggrin:

Good advice Mick #5.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you sorted it Babs, lost track of this thread for a while..

Those kind souls at HMRC sent the other half a letter today re her new tax code being 'BR'!

BR means Basic Rate she now has the benefit of paying 20% tax on the whole of her wages!

This usually occurs when you have a second job or pension.

I checked my code and it '810L' which is the standard Tax Code, allowing me to earn £8,105 before tax.

I understand its going up to £9,205 for 2013/2014. I assume that the tax code will be '920L'?

Glad you sorted it Babs, lost track of this thread for a while..

Those kind souls at HMRC sent the other half a letter today re her new tax code being 'BR'!

BR means Basic Rate she now has the benefit of paying 20% tax on the whole of her wages!

This usually occurs when you have a second job or pension.

I checked my code and it '810L' which is the standard Tax Code, allowing me to earn £8,105 before tax.

I understand its going up to £9,205 for 2013/2014. I assume that the tax code will be '920L'?

I'm a bit rusty now on paye but wasn't last tax years code 810 ? The tax code for 2013 -14 was ammended to 944L meaning you can earn £9440 before paying tax .

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/12/07/how-to-make-sure-you-re-on-the-right-tax-code/

I am going by this, I could be wrong

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2012/tiin-2044.pdf

You are rusty on PAYE? even on a pension you pay tax?

Charming . I meant it to imply that I used to operate the PAYE system for the business we used to run but since we had to close, due to the recession I haven't had to deal with it on a weekly basis .

Don't get my pension till next year .

The pdf you quote is the older budget figure that was superceded in the autumn statement .

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/emergency-code.htm

I assumed you were referring to your personal PAYE, which of course applies whether your income is from salary or pension.

mick both mine and piggys tax code for in 2013/2014 944L so david is correct you can earn 9440 pounds this year tax office in nottingham told me that br is not a tax code more of a emergency tax hence you pay 20 per cent on every thing you earnwether you have gone over your personal limmit or not mine has been br for two years hence my rebates.

last friday i got the money back i had already paid of my so called under payment now just waiting for promissed compensationthen all done and dusted but at least i got the main part of it.

commo i only ever take out a small amount of cash with me when i go out enought to cover my own drinks for the night. and a little extra for emergencys hidden in a secret place so in an emergency i can get a taxi home.

Thanks Babs

I only receive the occasional Pension payslip as I get the same every month.

I probably wont see one for months?

like me i only get 3 per year but if you ever comming into nottingham try making an appointmentat tax office they will give you your proper tax code straight away and send to your ex employee .my sister did ring them for an and they delt with her quirries over the phone saved them a journey into town so you could try that mick your partner too make sure your not paying tax you should not be.

THE END

AT LAST I HAVE GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK AND TODAY I I RECIEVED THE PROMIED COMPENSATION JUST TOOK TO THE BANK

RESULT AT LAST

hi brian/ stan

sorry its already spoken for thats my yearly holiday to skeggy rockers reunion 3nights b and b plus my mobility schooter hire plus a little bit of spending money for me and its all gone.

• 1 year later...