Just picked one of my lads up from the vet.Still wobbly from an eye operation.Didn't stop him wolfing a big meal down though...been good as gold all the way through.Be glad when that damned collar can come off though.

009pk.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice dog, poohbear. Hope he is up and running about before too long!

I'll bet you had to re-mortgage the house to pay the vet bills, poohbear...lol

On the subject of vet bills................I would be very interested on the thoughts of fellow Nottstalgians on the subject of pet insurance and the benefits, if any, as well as costs and the coverage afforded.

Nice dog, poohbear. Hope he is up and running about before too long!

On the subject of vet bills................I would be very interested on the thoughts of fellow Nottstalgians on the subject of pet insurance and the benefits, if any, as well as costs and the coverage afforded.

Never thought pet insurance was worth it here in the USA anyway. Can't speak for other places. Seemed like it would pay for the repairs if the dog was injured in some kind of accident. The routine stuff, vaccinations, routine exams, tooth cleaning etc. You pay for. On my fourth dog now, three year old Beagle, and I do not think the cost of insurance would have been worth it.

Haven't got insurance so can't comment I'm afraid.

I see it's around 10pm there Loppylugs...ruddy 3am here...hope you get a longer nights sleep than me and Pooh :mellow:

I used to have pet insurance with pet plan, they would only pay 90% of the vets bill after £60 excess. They put the monthly fee up to £89 per month when the dog was 7 years old. Goodbye pet plan.

whenwe had to have our dog put down 10 years ago aged 16 it cost us over 100 pounds dred to think what it is now but we had been lucky up till thenonly his yearly jabs.

whenwe had to have our dog put down 10 years ago aged 16 it cost us over 100 pounds dred to think what it is now but we had been lucky up till thenonly his yearly jabs.

Thing I find obscene is that they charge you 20% VAT for having the pleasure of having a member of your family killed.

We are five hours behind the UK. Just trying to get my day started here. Hope you got some sleep and that there is some improvement today. Give 'em a dog biscuit from a fellow dog lover.

Insurance is something that everyone resents paying, until they have a problem. When it comes to 'pet insurance' then it's something that you really need because the vets bills are so extortionate. My last three dogs have been Old English Sheepdogs and the first two lived to a real good age. Hopefully, my present dog will, too. When they've needed the vets, especially when they got older, then you are thankful for your pet insurance. If you are a dog lover then they become part of the family and are treated accordingly.