What Have they done to our Junk Food

I also bought some "Pukka" pies. They used to be great at the chippy, but alas, no seasoning these days

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gym..... No way. I'm not in to self abuse. I do lots of walking, haven't smoked for over 30 years, and even then it was only to be sociable, don't drink much nowadays, maybe a pint bottle, but mostly

I could have posted a very similar comment as you Jill.  My Mum disliked cooking but we were always well fed.  However she made excellent pastry and the best Yorkshire Puddings this side of Doncaster.

I can guarantee 100% Chulla that I would not touch that burger in a million years. I would have to be grovelling with starvation to eat some thing that looks so unhealthy as that. All those fried onio

God I miss Pukka pies !

Chicken& mushroom, mushy peas on real chips in a tray -- beautiful .

Holland's meat pies used to be really nice. Can't get them here so I don't know if they have changed. Anyone still eat them?

after having a quick read of the thread I'm deffinately in the mood for a big daddy meal form KFC with their gravy for dippin.

but instead iv promised to make a Caribbean chicken corma. Caribbean curries are lovely, if you haven't tried one yet... I highly recommend

There was an old fashioned bakery in Falmouth when i was a kids that did the best Tatty Oggy you've eve tasted and hey were the size of a dinner plate. Sorry not Nottingham but still worth a mention

You lot sound like you have turned into fast food junkies

Its so easy to make a decent burger or kfc type chicken without all the crap they put in

why prepare and cook it yaself when you could go buy it ready made? lol. I enjoy a take away, but its not too often we have one as I do enjoy cooking

I must admit to preferring KFC to home made Southern fried. (And SWMBO used to be a dab hand at it too)

We had a Burger King today, (First time in yonks) and I realised I prefer their chips to McDonalds ( I never liked 'fast food chips' any way, but there's are definitely thicker and vis a vis more fluffy than any of the others we could mention)

Never did get a pie from Much Wenlock though !! .........Grrrrrrrrrr

its a woman's job to cook. and clean... and sort the children out. so iv been told lol! that's why our feet are smaller (mine being a size 2!!) cos we fit closer to the appliances!

\snip\

Its so easy to make a decent burger or kfc type chicken without all the crap they put in

Do you have the recipe for KFC style chicken please.

How do yo umanaged to stand on size 2 feet Pixie! They are tiny. (I'll bet they are beautiful though) :)

my partner says I have hooves haha... I have tiny toes too! I do lose my balance if I stand still too long though lol! my daughter has small feet too, apparently should be a toddler size 4.5/5... she's a 3!

Do you have the recipe for KFC style chicken please.

southern fried seasoning. you can buy it in tubs, give ya chicken a coat of egg then a generous amount of the seasoning and voila!

SWMBO used to make hers from an ancient 'secret family recipe' I reckon she just bought a tub from Morrisons too !

its a woman's job to cook. and clean... and sort the children out.

When I was working the cooking and cleaning was a shared, job but since I have retired, in our house, it is the mans job, to have the evening meal on the table, and the house spick and span for when the good lady comes home.

I take my hat off to all the housewives of this world, you do a hard job for nothing..tip-of-the-hat-emoticon.gif

“As they passed the rows of houses they saw through the open doors that men were sweeping and dusting and washing dishes, while the women sat around in groups, gossiping and laughing.

What has happened?' the Scarecrow asked a sad-looking man with a bushy beard, who wore an apron and was wheeling a baby carriage along the sidewalk.

Why, we've had a revolution, your Majesty -- as you ought to know very well,' replied the man; 'and since you went away the women have been running things to suit themselves. I'm glad you have decided to come back and restore order, for doing housework and minding the children is wearing out the strength of every man in the Emerald City.'

Hm!' said the Scarecrow, thoughtfully. 'If it is such hard work as you say, how did the women manage it so easily?'

I really do not know,' replied the man, with a deep sigh. 'Perhaps the women are made of cast-iron.”

― L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz

my other half doesnt understand how tiring it can be keeping a house clean and tidy, spend time with little one, entertain and teach her. make sure the pets are surviving (lizard, two cats, two guineapigs and a discus tank) but without my pet's... my mornings would have no routine. my daughter takes care of the guinea pigs anyway, she's only 20 months and every day she feeds them, I give her veg to give them and she brings their water bottle into the kitchen. then, make sure the fridge and cupboards are full, and even if iv had a difficult day (my daughter is getting such a hand full!) still make sure we have a proper dinner. he reckons he can do it blind folded... I may hold him to that one day! this is not how I imagined being a house wife would be!

• Upvote 1