I make and sell earrings on eBay, I make the resin details etc myself too, some I buy off eBay, usually the ones I can't make myself, iv enjoyed this for a while now and I'm toying with the idea of a stall at a craft fair at somepoint. Iv seen some nice wooden and other larger embellishments, does anyone have any idea's what other crafty things I can make to sell? The othet half mentioned card making, not sure though. I love using my hot glue gun... I'm no good with 'bead crafts' like making necklaces or bracelets.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One the few angels I made years ago this one is called angel of the sea.

That is really intricate Nonna. Post the dragon when you are able I would be interested in seeing it. I will try to post a picture of my water dragon which us my favourite if I can remember how to do

Yup still as good second time around!...  

i make all my own cards i used to sell quite a lot at one time too but depending on what you use to it can get a bit expensive to buy the embelishments you can buy the packs of 50 cards and envelopes from about 5 pounds other wise making your own and find envelopes to fit unless you need bigger cards this can work out expencive and dont forget the largest envelope sold by most shops is a4 size.

Embellishments are quite cheap on ebay, I bought 50pieces for 60p a while back and they were lovely, sold a few pairs of earrings still got a few mix-match tiny rose embeembellishments but none of them are pairs so might bang em back on ebay for someone else to use. Where's the best place to get card making things from? I made some really nice birthday cards for family and Easter ones by cross-stitching a picture and gluing into one of the cards with the shape cut out & everyone seemed to of loved them, thinking about doing it again for Christmas when hobby craft have the christmas xstitch patterns in for a quid again..

Pixie, Hobbycraft at Lady Bay Retail Park are usually very good for all craft stuff. You can buy online from them too. I also use Boyes quite often, though they don't have a huge selection, they have some interesting bits and pieces, don't know if there is a Boyes in Nottingham though.

I love Boyes, they usually have something I'm after craft-wise. I go to hobbycraft quite often too, but my other half has to talk me out of buying jars (dont ask, I like jars) and they don't sell much to make earrings with! I find eBay one of the best places, I usually order from sellers in China etc.. yeah delivery takes a while but the best things are worth waiting for, and they sell some really nice + cheap things. I might give card making a go and see if I can sell any!

Good website, gonna have a good look when I get on the labtop (on my phone currently) after trying to find some decently prices organza bags for my earrings, iv decided to go buy a few yards of voile & ribbon and make my own! Lots of crafty plans to get on with after my holiday.

Does anyone on the forum visit craft fairs or buy hand made things?

My wife is an addict to making cards, we have one of the spare bedrooms as her workshop.There cannot be anything more she could purchase to make cards.

I do go along to some of the craft fairs, but to be honest,the stalls have nothing to my wifes' stock of paper, embellishments, rubber stamps,and all kinds of machines that emboss,cut fantastic lace type borders, it is endless.I put shelving on three walls with a working surface ,and cupboards below.These are all piled high with 'stuff', the floor is becoming storage space.

But she does some beautiful work on her cards.Scrap booking is her second addiction,I'm third. :)

• Upvote 1

My partners mum loves craft fairs, she doesn't do crafts herself but loves beautiful hand made things, all our cards we recieve are hand made, she allways gets us little hand made things, they are beautiful though. My dinning room is my work station for my sewing & earring making, then I have a big pop-up wash basket type of thing hidden in the under-the-stairs-cupboard. Can anyone explain scrapbooking? Iv seen people mention it on the internet, but what is it exactly?

My wife and her friend, Rosie. were always doing something together. Rosie had a narrowboat and her husband used to take them and the kids out for the day. My kids, including my foster kids, used to love it. Sometimes they'd do things on a whim, like suddenly deciding to drive to Skegness for the day. They were always laughing and were completely nuts. They decided to start making and selling stuff and were doing ok. Then Rosie started to become unwell and the business was put on hold. Rosie eventually died of Alzheimer's disease and it broke our hearts. I've attached a couple of photos to show one of the things they used to make.

JeansDolls_zps493c01dd.jpg

JeansDolls2_zps50ca20c9.jpg

• Upvote 1

Please

I attempted to 'Like' your creation Kev but couldn't find it on there and also they were asking me for all sorts of info about myself. Will try again.

• Upvote 1

Please

Iv been on the page and searched through all the pics, but I can't find it. What does the dress look like so I can have another look on the labtop?

Pixie, have you considered making fascinators, the bits you need are not expensive and they are easy to make.

Maybe call your business "Pixie Dust"

Fascinators? & I love the idea for pixie dust!

Fascinator - you need a headband preferably thin you cover with ribbon (wrap around) take a fabric or silk flower fit it into a circle of net and add ostrich feathers. The feather can be bought quite cheaply on ebay. Hope this helps. Put fascinators in your image search engine you should get some ideas.

I will give those a go when i get back off holiday,look quite simple to do actually. Iv got a few order's of girls hair clips to get on with as well. For now, i have a stock of earrings i made last week to shift, most are on ebay... but if anyone on here is interested, giss a shout :) At the moment, i have little rose detail ones in all types of colours, and ones with larger roses, all different colours and very sparkly/glittery. All studs at the moment.

I don't tend to wear clips any more Pixie,they always seem to end up on the floor,now my hair is short and grey,shush,but keep me in mind if you do decide to do the fascinators,

Yeah i deffonately will do, ill have a few attempts and see how they turn out! Ill upload the pics of my first attempts when i give it a bash. I tend to usually do childrens hair clips, i have lady bird & 'ABC block embelishments ready to attach to the clips. Just ordered some blank cards (12 w/ envilopes for 72p off ebay... bargain!!) and im watching a few 'toppers' etc, I love nothing more than an evening of crafts!