I resemble these remarks!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other day a young person asked me how I felt about being old. I was taken aback, for I do not think of myself as old. Upon seeing my reaction, she was immediately embarrassed, but I explained that

I think Plant fit sums it up. Every day there is something new and a new attitude to life struck up. You can either go with the flow or be like you have always been. To me growing old is not wear

I was just having one of my 'Senior Moments', where my eyes just happen to go into stare mode and I drift of into oblivion; Day-dreaming about what ever enters my imagination at those moments. Only t

Does one realise where this thread may lead one? slywink

One does not wish to drive ones' point home but the innuendos and double entendres ! yada

I give up on remembering things, i just hope they are not too important and that i can put them right when i realise. It's no use writing little notes any more because i forget i have wrote them. Oh Hum

slywink Lol

Making a groaning noise when bending down to pick something up, then checking for anything else that needs doing while you're down there!

• Upvote 2

Yes the ground gets further down as you get older ;)

It's not the going down that's the problem it's the getting back up that's the problem thumbsdown

P.S. It's all right if you're only 5'2" tall but if you're over 6' you have problems.

Its great being older and not caring about the trivialities that would have mattered so much in my younger day's, Like,

Looking down at the shops and seeing i have two different shoes on!

Taking my Cardigan off when i return home and seeing the 30 odd funny face stickers on the back, put there by my Grandchild!

Not caring if my Purple coat matches my red shoes!

Bumping into everyone i know, just because i have dashed out in my scruff and forgot to comb my hair.

Who Cares :jumping: Not Me Lol.

• Upvote 1

Always feeling cold, less alcohol intake, wee more, man boobs, saggy tum, tired more, out of breath, very grumpy, slightly deaf, shout more, less tolerant, poor eyesight etc!

Oh! Nearly forgot, less sex!!!!!!!

Can relate to that. Just drove a 6500 mile round trip to Canada and back. Did o-k until until we were passing an oncoming trailer loaded with plastic sewer pipes. One came off and put a mighty big dent in my front bumper. Lucky it didn't come through the windshield or I might not be writing this. Presently working with insurance Co to get it fixed. Otherwise a great trip. Fun times driving through St Louis and. Nashville trying to follow that silly woman that keeps talking out of my satnav. I'm getting too old for this.

Two more ailments to add, itchy ears and aching back. Oh I'd better have a lie down.

Hate the forest I have growing in my ears and nose too....

Being a lady of a certain age I also have my own inbuilt central heating.......so at least a lack of winter fuel allowance shouldn't be too much of a problem for me....can't say the same for MOM though yada

I give up on remembering things, i just hope they are not too important and that i can put them right when i realise. It's no use writing little notes any more because i forget i have wrote them. Oh Hum

slywink Lol

My wife writes herself little notes all the time, trouble is she forgets whats she's done with them, or if shopping forgets to take them with her ! :-)

I'm like that too....LOL And the missus says write it down only to lose the note and call me, Damned if I can remember what I wrote on a note.....

As I am now 62, I think of myself as reasonably old, but I think that a lot of aches and pains are about not running about like an idiot any more (at least not on a regular basis). But I remember my grand-dad - my mums dad - who was in his 60s when I was born. He used to tell me about being in the Great War. He was gassed and had to go and work outdoors but only given about 10 or so years to live. He was a brickies labourer and carried the bricks on his head. He retired at 65 but got bored and managed to start work again after 2 years retirement. He had to pack in after falling off a roof in his 80s. My uncle (his eldest son) rushed to the hospital expecting to find a dying man. However, when he got there he found doctors who were gobsmacked by the fact thet, although badly bruised, not a bone had been broken. When my grandma died, he managed to get a brand new council bungalow at the top of Wigman Road. They were still building houses nearby and the builders were amazed to find an 87 year old man at the top of the ladder chatting to them. He only wanted to talk shop, so they agreed to have their snap at his bungalow so he could chat about the building trade.

Bless him, he died aged 93 with almost a full head of black hair only a little bit grey at the edges.

When folk talk about the restrictions of old age, I always think of him.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I can relate to all the ailments on this topic... sadly.

Losing the spectacles, hearing aids, missing me medications, missing me Warfarin blood tests, passing wind involuntary, grooves in the floor up the stairs into the toilet, lost keys, burnt food, repeated forgetting why I went into a room - caught the wrong bus - got the pen out but why? - forgetting me pin number - going out without me bus-pass or cash - started writing on the forum and lost me plot, and went to the shops for something or other?

Went to the GP once but forgot why I went when I got there - luckily I have several ailments so used the angina and she changed me dosage. (I think)

As for forgetting the date or day... well!

But I do like being retired though like many others do.

No longer being allowed to drive, I find the bus-pass valuable and vital.

Poor old git eh?

TTFN

The joys of being old.

My grand daughter once asked me. "Grandad, what's it like being old?" . I told her "I'll let you know when I get there".

Good job I love her to bits, cheeky little sod.

• Upvote 1

The joys of being old.

My grand daughter once asked me. "Grandad, what's it like being old?" . I told her "I'll let you know when I get there".

Good job I love her to bits, cheeky little sod.

You could put her mind at ease Sir. By telling her that wrinkles do not hurt. Haha!

• Upvote 1