Pets sending Xmas cards.

Talking of pets; I once saw a cartoon featuring a notice in a pet shop window. The notice said, 'Dogs, genetically engineered to die the day after Christmas.' Very sick of course, but I'm afraid I had to laugh, considering the car stickers.

Saw this sign in the back of a car in Bulwell " A dog is for life not just Friday night" . Brilliant !!

When we had our Irish Setters they always had Christmas Presents, wrapped and with proper labels, Dog Chews, shaped like a shoe, dog chocolates, Squeaky toys, Pork Scratchings. And they sensed the atmosphere, they would run around barking and be all exited, we made them sit and shake a paw and then just like kids they would tear the present open and you can guess the rest. We always buy our Daughters cats a present, but they never say thank you, just so rude! :tease:

I said I'd never have a cat: Back in 2006, where we kept the bin used to flood when it rained hard & we put the bin on 4 bricks to raise it up a bit. One night I went to put some rubbish in the bin I heard a noise from underneath, when I shone a torch two yellow eyes were looking back at me. That's how we got Tiddles & I changed my mind about having a cat, mind you she tries to eat us out of house & home.. :) :)

• Upvote 1

My inlaw's send us a card from the dog every year, birthdays, christmas, easter....

Our cats and dogs always had their own stockings under the tree, but I did draw a line at Christmas cards for or from them. Only have a tortoise now and as she semi hibernates over the winter she is not too bothered about whether Santa visits or not :sleeping:

Talking of pets; I once saw a cartoon featuring a notice in a pet shop window. The notice said, 'Dogs, genetically engineered to die the day after Christmas.' Very sick of course, but I'm afraid I had to laugh, considering the car stickers.

I used to spend lots of money on sick animals I didn't know they were sick when I went into William Hills though. :sickly:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...

My two dogs are included in all the cards I send ( from me and my boys) as are my friends dogs (they are part of the family after all). However they dont receive any cards just to themselves, but my Dogs Trust sponsor dog does send me Christmas cards, birthday cards and a valentine card with a message telling me what he has been up to. Obviously a very educated greyhound! 

• Like 1