Spring is on its way...

Never mind the kids - when I visit Skeggy, I bring rock back to the States! They have yet to figure out how they get the "Skegness" all the way through!

Tell 'em it's done with a special laser and ink..LOL

Whenever we go to the coast, we always have a pounds worth of 2p pieces for the slot machines. Good harmless fun, but it's a bit annoying when any winnings drop down the side in the machine instead of the front receptacle.

• Upvote 1

I was at a rock factory in Dublin owned by my mate Charlie...nissed as a pewt one day he spelt Eire wrong in one batch....He said later..."Aw send it out to Cork...those tic buggers will never notice!" :P

• 5 weeks later...

What the heck is up with this spring weather? Laying in the garden yesterday, today, wrapped up in fleece and woolly hat for walk to Bestwood and got back and put the gas fire full on.

• Upvote 1

might have passed each other basfordred,i got on me bike this morning,and did from Bestwood village to old Basford,about 7-30.

Didn't get up till nearly 9.30, went to Bestwood about 1.30. It always depresses me the amount of litter there is nowadays.

I was ready to change from Jeans to shorts end of last week, then we had a cold front go through and very very cool for this time of year, plus a frost each morning...Gerrin fed up with heavy clothing!!

We saw 11 tiny ducklings on the Canal this morning.That's got to be a good sign. Mind you looking at the sky here in West Mid's it's gone pretty grey, and the temperature has dropped, something is brewing. Hope the Ducks have somewhere warm for their little brood. It's beginning to look very stormy! :)

My wife and I took Frodo, our Old English Sheepdog, to the Arboretum today. I can't recall ever going there before and I quite enjoyed it. I nearly bought a bungalow near the Arboretum many years ago but I was gazumped. It was a little overcast and there were only a few people there. It was good to walk around and see all the different trees, plants and flowers that were coming into bloom. We saw the lake and fountain that were near the aviaries and I also liked the Chinese Bell Tower with the four cannons. I found out that it commemorates the Crimea War (1854-6) and the China War (1856-60). I can imagine that, when everything is in bloom, the Arboretum is a beautiful place to be.