Kids TV wot we used to watch.

Used to love Animal Magic. Much better than the violent cartoon dross that kids get nowadays. Other favourites for me were the series like The Tinder Box and The Singing Ringing Tree, which I got a couple of years ago on DVD.

• Upvote 1

I Used to love Animal magic darkazana,and whilst moan about daytime tv,i must admit i am into Baby tv,since retiring i mind my youngest Grandson 3 days a week (well the wife does really)and i think baby tv is great for toddlers,i find myself singing all the songs on it,Saul my grandson laughs his head off, :)

• Upvote 1

Some bad kids were annoying the teacher (Mr Chambers Trent Bridge I think) by imitating Ki-ki the kangaroo from T & T by going "ski-ska-sku-ska-ski" I joined in & he recognised my voice, of course I got hauled out for the cane. "But sir" I wailed "others were doing it as well!" he said "yes I know; but you're the one I caught!" S'not fair. :)

• Upvote 1

In the mid 90's I used to watch an American kids TV programme with my granddaughter called "Saved by the Bell". It featured two delightful long haired blond twins who always seemed to wear hot pants or mini skirts. My ex couldn't understand my interest in the prog, but I can't find them on Wiki. I'm sure the titles correct.

I remember Torchy and Twizzel too ! Also The Cisco Kid, Laramie and Gunsmoke.

Flash Gordon was a little bit scary sometimes, especially the "clay men"

"A for Andromeda" gave me nightmares, banned from watching it eventually (well for a week anyway).

Smiffy

Also The Cisco Kid, Laramie and Gunsmoke.

Smiffy

Yes, it was all Westerns in the 50s and 60s - The Lone Ranger, Range Rider, Wagon Train, Boots & Saddles, Wells Fargo, The Big Valley, Bonanza, Rawhide, Iron Horse. Then on to The High Chapparal, Alias Smith & Jones and Lancer, then they seemed to peter out after that.

What others can people think of?

• Upvote 1

Paladin with Richard Boone

Sugarfoot

Eyup Smiffy,

I can remember Flash Gordon and the Clay Men!. We didn't have a telly and I used to watch it at my mates, then walk home on my own - bloody terrified. 50-odd years on and still remember it well!

I can remember Redifusion installing our (my grandma's) first rented telly. The first thing I can remember watching (and I was silently urging the installer on so I could catch it) was The Count of Monte Cristo, which I think went out on a Wednesday. It starred George Dolenz, who's son Mickey went on to star in the Monkees.

Happy Days! (I enjoyed that as well!)

• Upvote 1

My first kids TV shows were the Flower Pot Men, Andy Pandy and of course Muffin the Mule. Watched on a 8 inch black and white screen with a magnifying glass hung down in front. Auntie Brown who lived on Liddington St was the only person we knew who had a tele and she let small groups of kids in to watch at tea time.

• Upvote 1

Robin Hood..Richard Greene.. Brought me sen the boxed set a couple of years back. Some big future stars in um. Classic stuff.. Mind you i am biased cuz i watch any Robin Hood stuff.

Shirlock Holmes.. Basil Rathbone another must watch for me.