• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure we all have Nostalgic moments, where we think about things from our lives in the past. I know I do, very often, in quiet moments and I find it happening more often these days. There are thi

I NEVER BELIEVE,people who say they "have no regrets" i think we all have.and as you say darkazana "learned by them" !

We all have not so good memories of the past, choices and decisions we have made which may have been different if we had hindsight, but altogether they have made us into the people we are. Though we m

We all have not so good memories of the past, choices and decisions we have made which may have been different if we had hindsight, but altogether they have made us into the people we are. Though we may look back nostalgically, or wistfully(?) at the good and the bad times, hopefully we have taken something away with us, and learned from our experiences.

• Upvote 5

I NEVER BELIEVE,people who say they "have no regrets" i think we all have.and as you say darkazana "learned by them" !

• Upvote 5

however i do believe "to err is human to forgive divine" Alexander Poop sorry Pope, :)

I'd say as long as it's two steps forward,and one step back,and not the other way round,then that's being positive,and use your past to move positively into the future,....does that make sense,? ......Well I know what I mean anyway

• Upvote 1

yes i think at this time in our lives we all have regrets but no point in dwelling on them because we carnt go back and change the outcome but be positive and learn from them and try not to make the same mistake again.

• Upvote 4

I look at things slightly differently. here I am 67 years old and in reasonable health with a beautiful wife. If I had done something different during my life I might not be here, therefore I have no regrets about the decisions I made after all they got me this far.

• Upvote 4

I can't recall who originally said it but The past is a foreign country - they do things differently there.

I'm a little melancholic by nature, so "nostalgia" comes easy to me. The word nostalgia does have some overtones to it- where does history end and nostalgia take over? Is the word "nostalgia" tainted with emotionality anyway?

As a keen student of history, I have developed the knack of mentally superimposing what a battlefield would look like over what I am actually seeing. I tend to do that when I walk around Nottingham. Sometimes its for the better, sometimes for the worst. Its also the reason why I am very interested in the pictorial history of Nottingham.

Also, Nottingham as a city lends itself to such things. Its a pretty city, totally different from grim places like Middlesbrough or Sunderland, and has an essential vitality about it. I suppose I know this because I have not lived in Nottingham for some decades.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the input Mercurydancer, and everyone else for that matter. I'm wrapping up my assignment today (4,000 words laters!!) And have appreciated everyone's opinions and help with! What you posted Mercurydancer reminds me of something I studied last year and had to write a paper on 'Psycho-Geography'. Interesting topic if you have the time to give it a Google search :)

• Upvote 2

good luck with your assighnment mellisa hope you get a good grade and we have help in your research of the suject.

• Upvote 1