Any pipe smokers on ere

I have 25g of Condor original. Well probably 23g now. If any wants it they can have it. Free. I bought it in a moment of weakness but want it out of my way. Seems a shame to bin it.

• Upvote 1

A chap I used to work with always had a pipe in his mouth, but I never saw him actually using it.

When I asked him about this he said it helped him to concentrate.......

The feller who drilled our well used to have a large cigar in his mouth all the time...I asked him once if he ever lit it, he said sometimes but not often, seems he had a problem grinding his teeth, so he took to having a cigar there to stop the habit.

Maybe that's why some none smoking pipe smokers have a pipe in their mouth??

Male or female?

I smoked a pipe for a few years, late 80's early 90's and I didn't need pacifying. It's now in my late 60's I need it, but haven't smoked since then. Last time I had a ciggy was when Nigel Jemson scored the winner against the sheep at the Baseball Ground.

• Upvote 1

An old great uncle of mine smoked a pipe and I have fond childhood memories of the smell of "Uncle Harry" he only smoked rarely due to his domineering wife, but he always had his pipe with him and often unlit in his mouth.

Cannot remember what it was he smoked but it did have a pleasant aroma, even for me a total non smoker and ardent anti smoking person !

Watched my brother kill himself with overuse of cigarettes and dad died with smoking related disease so cannot abide the things at all now.

• Upvote 1

The feller who drilled our well used to have a large cigar in his mouth all the time...I asked him once if he ever lit it, he said sometimes but not often, seems he had a problem grinding his teeth, so he took to having a cigar there to stop the habit.

I had a similar problem I used to bite my finger nails so I had all my teeth out :)

• Upvote 1

Back in my 30s, I took up the pipe in order to cut down on the ciggies. Went out with SWMBO one weekend and bought a top line pipe, as well as a packet of tobacco that was flavoured with rum or something. SWMBO wanted something that smelt nice if I was going to smoke the house out - even though it was her idea.

Spent the weekend practising and by Monday, had it down pat - looked the part as well; debonair as usual. :)

Went to work on Monday morning, driving without a care in the world and puffing merrily away.

Reversing into the parking bay, turned to look through the driver's window (shut at the time) at the gap between me and the car in the next bay.......BANG!

Who was the stupid git who still had his pipe clenched in his teeth and hanging out to the right? Who tried to look through a closed window and did not realise the pipe sticks out a bit further than my nose?

Result, sore lip, chipped tooth and cut gum in that order as I attempted to swallow a pipe. It hurt. End of pipe. Stupid bloody thing. :flyswat:

Back to the ciggies and which I gave up successfully 17 months ago today.

• Upvote 4

I used to smoke tobacco in many forms and costs depending on the state of the pocket! Benson & Hedges when i felt rich, Players No.6 when i wasn't. Big cigars and little cigars, and a curly pipe with Balkan Sobranie tobacco. I gave it all up in the mid 1970's and haven't touched any since. I hate the smell nowdays.

My dad used to smoke a pipe,it was so habitual with him,he quite often just had the pipe in his mouth,with no tobacco in it,all u could here was the spit bubbling through it,good old pop eye pops,......gee gee gee gee gee.

I have never smoked in my life, but I like the smell of pipe smoke, it reminds me of my maternal grandfather who smoked one full of Players digger shag tobacco, he lived to be 92 and worked every day on his farm until he died .

I have 25g of Condor original. Well probably 23g now. If any wants it they can have it. Free. I bought it in a moment of weakness but want it out of my way. Seems a shame to bin it.

Condor ;

• Upvote 1