Yes very sad,i think he did a film in nottingham "st.anns" about boxing,a few years ago.

Good actor, but I found him type cast and not very versatile . RIP Bob.

Re #2. I remember that particular film., It was in black and white and they also filmed some of it at the shop on Ambergate Road at Beechdale and the funeral and dancing scenes were done at a church on Aspley Lane. I think the old railway carriage was at Rushcliffe Halt on the GCR.

I thought he was really good in 'Pennies From Heaven' and was stunned to hear on the TV news tonight that the series was broadcast in 1978. Ha! Seems like yesterday ......

• Upvote 1

I see from Wiki he was a good old Suffolk boy from Bury St Edmunds, must have been weaned on Greene King IPA.

I agree, Bob Hoskins always played himself, not a bad thing though was it.

Will be missed.

RIP Bob.

• Upvote 2

I had forgotten about him in "Roger Rabbit"! He was only 71 - much too young. I did find THIS on the web - interesting few facts about him - especially (now) the Danny DeVito bit!

In "Felicia's Journey", Bob played a Brummie factory catering manager who had been psychologically affected in his childhood by his mother who was a TV celebrity chef (a sort of Fannie Craddock). He would drive around picking up "lost girls" and later "despatching" them in some sort of need to cleanse the streets. Felicia was one such girl to whom he took a shine. Not one of his better known appearances but further demonstrates his versatility.

A Good Actor He will be missed

R.I.P Bob