The Lionesses 0-0 with Nigeria at the end of extra time, they had Lauren James sent off just before the end of regulation time. Nigeria hit the bar in the 16th minute Alessia Russ forced a good save from the Nigerian keeper 7 minutes later. Uchenna Kanu's header clipped the bar 2 minutes after the start of the second half. Daly brought a good save from a header from the Nigerian keeper at minute 76. Chances were few and far between in extra time so it is now the dreaded penalties. England win 4-2 on penalties and move into the last 8. The play either Colombia or Jamaica in the quarter finals.

Watching Australia vs Denmark and after 20 minutes it is 0-0, Denmark looking slightly more threatening.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dad's favourite uncle, Gilbert Hudson, was a rep for Hotpoint in the 1920s and 30s. His patch was the east coast, including Grimsby.  Gilbert would motor over to the east coast at least two days per w

Thanks for that info Barclaycon. Paulus and others (including me) have already commented on the pathetic commentary coming out of Neville's mouth (on another 'World Cup' thread) but I don't think we'

Lizzie don't talk to me about tv remotes , once we went to our grand son's house to babysit , and there were about 7 remote controls for various things , so I said to my grandson,   Zack how do you tu

Watched it Oz., bit better game than the England v Nigeria one. The lionesses only just scraped through on penalty shoot out.

Another thing, i'll bet it's bloody colder here than where you are !

11 hours ago, Beekay said:

Watched it Oz., bit better game than the England v Nigeria one. The lionesses only just scraped through on penalty shoot out.

Another thing, i'll bet it's bloody colder here than where you are !

Lauren James got a red card for "doing a Becks" A heck of a lot of penalties being missed.

It can't be colder there Beekay it is summer?

I saw the Lauren James incident.  Definitely not a 'stamp'. At worst, she stepped briefly on the other girl's butt, which wouldn't hurt that much, and even then.. to me.. it was borderline clumsy, rather than deliberate.

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

it was borderline clumsy, rather than deliberate.

It was without doubt deliberate, whether it hurt on not is irrelevant, surely it doesn't need blood to earn a red card?

• Like 1

I won't argue Jim and she deserved sanction, but I'd have thought a Yellow was enough. Still a Red was given. I just hope the powers that be don't think it merits an 'extended' ban. 

I do wonder whether her actions were out of frustration with her own team's lacklustre performance, or the actions of the Nigerian player. They are aparently a very 'physical' team but I can't say.  I missed most of the match as I couldn't see the screen properly.. I was at the back of a waiting room during a hospital appointment.... Ironically, at the Eye Clinic... :)

Well peed off with the coverage of the Women's World Cup here in OZ.

Given that we are a land of immigrants from almost all countries in the world and this is the first time the event has been played down-under, both here and New Zealand you would think they would show all the games on FTA TV. Not bloody likely!

There are 32 nations playing a total of 64 games in the tournament and only 15 games will be shown live on FTA TV as the rest will be behind a pay wall.... barstewards. Federal anti-siphoning rules guarantee that we will see all Australia's matches on FTE except if they lose in the semi final then we will not see that. England play Columbia late tomorrow night our time, but again behind the pay wall.  The games are all on OPTUS SPORT, one of our main telecoms companies. All they have done is made sure that I will never buy or use their services. 

So who will you be supporting if England get through? Divided loayalties spring to mind. Don't stand too close to neighbours when cheering. Don't want to offend the locals and we won't talk to you if it goes against us. 

• Like 1

I am Aussie through and through seeing as how they paid my way here. Yes I am a 10 pound pom, the best ten quid they ever spent but when it comes to Australia versus England it is England for me every time.

Not going well for the Lionesses, Columbia scored in the 44th minute and lead 1-0

• Like 1

Hope your'e watching the England v Colombia match. England losing 0-1 @ half time.

Ignore that Oz, lionesses have just scored in the 6th minute of extra time.

19 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Oz, if your'e reading this then England have just scored their second goal.

5 minutes plus time on, 8 minutes, so at this stage it looks very much like England vs Australia at Stadium Australia on Wednesday evening our time. 

48 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Thats live coverage Beekay more important County bagged their first win in the EFL.

Not knowing what EFL means, or who County are, I could'nt possibly comment Ian.

• Like 2

Righto pal..Just for you. Watched England today but that there Ozstalgian keeps telling me the score. Don't like football any road.