Lizzie explained in #12 hasn't it sunk in ?

If your not interested in the woman, then just drop it.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to watch Linda Bellingham on Loose Women and always found her to be a really nice lady. I was very sad when I read about her health problems and her intention to end her treatment. Because of t

I would like to give Linda a big hug she's someones Mum. x

True Tomlinson but we British have become a lot more open with each other. When my Mum was suffering from Cancer 26 years ago no- one, nor she, EVER mentioned the C Word in her company. Yes, we'd op

Religion can be chopping a man's head off in the street,under those circumstances I can not associate myself with religion,religious people say they have a God ,a God that sometimes does not

Seem very appealing,if there is a God he should be there for good do.t know of any religion with a God that merits being a God .

See my previous posts I have pleaded with strangers to get checked ,they are humans most with family that love them.I don't know you but it does touch me that you have had tragedy in your life.

• Upvote 3

Lizzie explained in #12 hasn't it sunk in ?

If your not interested in the woman, then just drop it.

Seems like a good idea, my thoughts being diametrically opposite to everyone else's but not about to change. I said it would be contentious!

There are many Nottstalgia Members who have, or had, serious medical problems and they've shared their experiences with us. They've found comfort in doing this and we've been able to learn something from them whilst giving our love and support. Regarding people pouring out their sob stories regarding their health problems: If someone finds they have a serious illness it will dominate their thoughts and lives.

I have quoted some of Michaels words here as they are so true. I am one of the people on Nottstalgia who has been and still is in this position. I won't know for a while if my problem is healed. The last line of Michaels post is spot on. It is on my mind on waking until I go to sleep. Until you have been in this position of not knowing how much future you have. You cannot comprehend how frightened you can feel inside every moment.

• Upvote 5

There’s obviously an element of desiring attention in the psyche of all celebrities. Having got the attention of their ‘public’ they decide (consciously or subconsciously) whether or not to publicise detail of their private lives, which might include romance, health, addictions, offspring, homes, cars, excesses, etc.

Of course the media have a role here; they report stories they think we want to hear. Some celebrities feed off this, with media coverage becoming an addiction of sorts (more apparent in nouveau-celebrities that emanate from reality show; the oft-cited ‘wannabe’).

There’s a complete spectrum of celebrity revelation from the ‘tell all’ (e.g. Katie Price) and the ‘do anything’ (Big Brother and that jungle thing) to those about whom you will find very little, even in this age of ubiquitous social media and 24 hour ‘rolling news’.

So what of Ms Bellingham? Is there a special case for divulging matters of health? There is evidence that such revelations can affect the decision-making of thousands of ‘ordinary’ people and GPs will no doubt report an increase of patients who think they might have colorectal cancer; some patients will be right and will be treated earlier than would otherwise have been the case.

As for her book – we can of course be cynical and presume it’s just a vehicle to raise money for her loved ones, but what’s wrong with that? No-one has to buy it though the publisher must have had a shrewd idea that enough people would want to read it to make it worthwhile to ‘go to print’. The same can be said of Stephen Fry’s latest volume from his diaries.

• Upvote 2

I have quoted some of Michaels words here as they are so true. I am one of the people on Nottstalgia who has been and still is in this position. I won't know for a while if my problem is healed. The last line of Michaels post is spot on. It is on my mind on waking until I go to sleep. Until you have been in this position of not knowing how much future you have. You cannot comprehend how frightened you can feel inside every moment.

It seems to be going on! For about the 3rd/4th time let me say AGAIN that I think any medical or other problem is naturally shared with friends or family. AGAIN, I would hope that all contributors to Nottstalgia are a friend in some regard, whether having met or not. AGAIN, my gripe is with total strangers who wish to unburden on other total strangers, whatever their motives are as mentioned in #34.

I understand what you mean Tomlinson, I wouldn't willingly tell a stranger the ins and outs of my personal life without knowing them, and I would find it extremely awkward if a total stranger did the same to me.

Ta! The first one who seemed to grasp what I've been trying to put over.

• Upvote 1

Me too! What name do we give it?

Seems to me a good subject for another post. What do you reckon? Neuralgia - Norageia - NOTTSTALGIA - Why didn't we think of it before??? hellothere

• Upvote 1

Earlier on someone mentioned the "Battle" with cancer. Surely, it is not a battle, it is a case of livving with it until you die from it? My father died from cancer after "A long battle". Bollo*ks! he was very ill and suffered immensely; he was not battling, he was dying. The medicos kept him alive and in agony until all of his organs were riddled with the disease and he could live no longer. That to me is not a battle; he never had a chance.

• Upvote 4

That's awful compo,no one should have to witness what this cruel disease can do,early diagnosis does at least offer some chance of survival.

Why society needs to conquer this horrible disease,if I am ok next year I am going to do something to help boost funds ,even if it helps just a little bit

• Upvote 1

When I read about people battleing with these terrible illnesses: I don't understand what it means. I have been with three loved ones who have been through this awfull time and there is no battle. They are just doing their best to get through it. If they can't be cured; there is no battle. It is over. Endurance is all they have. it's in the hands of the illness. I am only speaking like this about Terminal Illnesses.

• Upvote 5

Why society needs to conquer this horrible disease,if I am ok next year I am going to do something to help boost funds ,even if it helps just a little bit

Thats just how i feel Andy, thought about doing some volunteer work at City hospital.

• Upvote 1