meet up s new members

I have just been asked through pm if your parnter/wife/husband has to

be a member to attend meet ups,the answer as far as I know is no all welcome and encouraged,if anyone knows different please say,the only

strict rule that I know is (my drinks for the night are paid for the

night)and that of course this is not true because its traditional for mick 2me to buy everyones drinks ,although he might deny this you must remind him that it is membership rules

• Upvote 5

Partners/spouses etc are very welcome to attend. Just in case a newby thinks he's going to get stuck with a huge bar bill cos someone jokes that they have to buy the first round, everyone buys their own drnks. (Well they did when I went)

• Upvote 1

Great pub to meet. I was there only last Friday, meeting my ex work colleagues. It is the first pub once a month we start from. If we meet on a Friday it is fish and chips washed down with several pints of John Smiths or if it is a Thursday it is a curry washed down with several pints of John Smiths.

You have probably guessed it is a lunch time. Unfortunately my public transport finishes quite early in the evenings which would mean a mile or two walk in the dark to get home. So unfortunately I will not be there but I have left my credit card details behind the bar so please have a drink on me!.

• Upvote 3

Now I wish we could make the Meetup even more Robbie. It looks like we will miss meeting your Mam and a having free drinks all night! :biggrin:

Perhaps when the light "Summer Nights" come, It will be better for getting Home? :)

• Upvote 3

Now I wish we could make the Meetup even more Robbie. It looks like we will miss meeting your Mam and a having free drinks all night! :biggrin:

Perhaps when the light "Summer Nights" come, It will be better for getting Home? :)

I didn't say free drinks all night.

• Upvote 2

Must have read your post wrong Robbie? Is that one drink shared between all of the Nottstalgians? Hope they supply "Straws" slywink

Of course, do you think I'm made of money. Good point about drinking through straws though it will make the drink last longer. Anyway you are not going.

• Upvote 3

I am sure that you realised I was joking regarding free drinks,I personally like a laugh so humour is allowed.The post above shows that we are tight ,at the last mini meet up we put in a kitty to by a drink

between us and we all took our own straws,and as you can see by carnies

reply she is trying to wangle a free straw ,I am generous so I might save up and buy her and chris one straw between them as a present.

• Upvote 3

we all buy our own drimks as some of us drink a lot more than others not say ing who but look this way

Good to see that you are back to your normal self, babs, and in fine fettle by the looks of it.

How is the memorial project progressing??