St Valentines Day.

Right then lads, Even lf you think it's just another money making "Racket" don't forget the woman in your life whom you love today.

A box of chocolates or a bunch of flowers go a long way to keep em happy !

Show em you love em !

• Upvote 6

I've thought about the woman in my life, wow ....... Then rushed to get the wife some flowers. LOL

• Upvote 3

I've always bought my wife roses for Valentines Day, as I'm a romantic, and also not daft. This year she tell's me not to buy her flowers, the prices are a complete rip-off, and she'll be really mad at me if I still do. Big quandary then, is this a double-bluff ? I decided to take her at her word and didn't buy them. Been watching her face carefully so far this morning, I think I did the right thing, phew!

i am 70 she who will be idolised 66, sometime in the not too distant future on of us will not be around, so, no matter what the cost, flowers and card now, photo, then in future the memories will be good ones, not ones of missed opportunity or forgetfulness, silly innit

• Upvote 5

Well, I had a table booked for a nice romantic meal for two tonight (before anyone asks, no it was not at Wetherspoons) !

Mrs Catfan been looking forward to it all week, but, she is full of cold & a nasty cough so had to ring up & cancel this moning.

So we will celebrate hopefully, next Saturday instead.

• Upvote 4

catfan #10, did a like on this, not a like that mrs catfan is ill but that you made a romantic gesture for her for valentines, hope she is much better soon

• Upvote 1

Re #3. Catfan and Dave 48.Not necessarily the same person. Tee Hee hee. LOL

• Upvote 1

catfan, re #16, could you give me some tips, at 70 yrs i am still a trainee man, not got me manly qualifications yet, she who must be idolised getting a bit impatient now, any old tip will do

Yep, brought missus some red roses at Louth market. She's worth it. Happy valentines day to all you lady nostalgians. sorry lads i'm on this bus.

• Upvote 3

I always get her a card, but the everyday things mean more to her like checking her tyres and oil on her car, tea and toast in bed, all the little things that make her life easier, and she does the same for me. We both agree that these are the things that are about true love, not an annual card and box of chocs. It's a bvit like pancake day. We do these things any time.

• Upvote 3