Bang! Bang! You're Dead!

If you ask me Capital Punishment is the easy way out. These people need to pay for their crimes and live with what they've done. If it was my relative, God forbid, death penalty wouldn't be justice for me. I'd want them to suffer. However, some prisons are now like fancy hotels so it's a no win situation. The Bulger killers in my opinion should never have been released. There are some crimes which are too horrific for the criminal to be allowed back into society. Look them up and throw away the key. Not give them 10 years but they only serve 5 with 'good behaviour'. Rant over.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colly0410 - I remember that murder and knew the other person jailed and the young boy killed.........It's okay not agreeing with capital punishment, but it does not bring the murdered child back and

#50 catfan I wasn't generalising, I was referring to Melissa's response to your post about Shipman, West et al. There is no doubt they were psychopaths, as most multiple killers are. Murder is murde

#28 - I don't think they kill themselves because of living conditions. Probably commit suicide when they've had time to reflect on the awful things they've done. I'd assume they could no longer live w

If prison was so cushy, then why do some lifers commit suicide in there ?

Fred West, Dr Harold Shipman & Ian Huntley who did'nt succeed., to name a few off the top of my head.

• Upvote 1

I blame our beloved politicians and judiciary for us even having this debate.

At the time capital punishment was for all intents and purpose's abolished they promised life would mean life for murders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am slightly to the right of Genghis Khan on this subject but even I was satisfied when that promise was made, only with age and the passing of time did I realise what a fool I had been.

Now add in the cushy living conditions in prison and the likes of new identities and my proclivity for the return of the death penalty has returned.

• Upvote 3

Time we had lifers breaking rocks in quarries with a sledge hammer 8 hours a day.

• Upvote 3

Your mention of even children being hung for petty crime brought to mind the Hanging Tree in Watnall (which I have remarked upon on another thread somewhere), still there in one of the fields with one particular branch removed....that which was used for the hangings. the last person hung there was a 10 year old boy. His crime? He stole a spoon!

• Upvote 2

I did ten years in the colonies. LOL

• Upvote 1

No, fleeing from Maggie Thatcher when she took office......LOL

Best thing I ever did, I had some reservations until the cabin crew shut the door on the plane and we started taxying down the runway. Then it was too late, never looked back.

From the letters I got from my late parents I knew I'd made the right decision.

I was on about the colonies in the Southern Hemisphere Dave.

Yes, watched a program the other night about folks being shipped out to Aus' for the most petty crimes. If you managed to stand the ten month journey you had a fighting chance of doing better it would seem.