OLD FART PRIDE

• Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
• Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbour , Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
• If you bump into an Old Fart on the pavement he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.
• Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
• Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
• Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.
• It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Farts!

I was taught to respect my elders�.It's just getting harder to find them.

• Upvote 10

I find the trouble to be that Young Farts don't appreciate that they could be Old Farts themselves someday and that Old Farts sometimes forget that they were once Young Farts. All Farts come from the same place and are just as objectionable somewhere along the line. noblue

• Upvote 3

At 69, I don't consider myself an old fart. I'm totally immature and downright childish at times, as some of my posts will confirm.

I frequently get treated like a 5 year old, or alternatively, a 95 year old.

However, I have the same views as I got from my dad in my formative years.

I'm certainly in the grumpy old man category and I don't give a flying f***. I do keep being told I talk too loudly, so I fully expect a smack in the mouth from somebody in the not too distant future. Ouch, that hurt !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

God, I do in winter when there's nothing else on....

TBI, I have a good grasp of the English language, but subtle is not in my vocabulary as many members can testify.

Ok TBI, I've re read it twice...... Yup, I'm an old fart, but I love it !!!!

• Upvote 1

I suppose I've always been a trifle opionated, as I've been flattened in the Bell, thrown down the stairs at the Bodega, thrown down the stairs, straddled, shaken and had my head banged on the road outside the Calypso Club and been punched at Forest matches and that was only last week LOL.

No, it was mid 60's, no, not mine !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of the old chestnut, two Hippy Chicks reminiscing....

One asks ' Were you ever picked up by the Fuzz?'

The other replies ' No, but I was once swung round by the t!ts' :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

When old farts pass on and become the "ghosts of old farts", do the "old farts ghosts" continue to get older?

Do you somehow remain an old fart or can you go back to being a young know all?

• 1 year later...

I'd swop the word intelligence for experience and recommend any 'old uns' don't like the word Farts) who want to take up work again to get into Security........by and large the youngsters of today give respect to the older generation.......and where a situation can get out of hand when confronted by youngster on youngster...............the opposite applies when an older head interjects with some well chosen words of wisdom.......and a bit of humor..........fair enough it can go wrong......but when you're over 70 does it really matter.......................lol.

• Upvote 5

This old fart was whizzing around the Staffordshire lanes in his lycra and shades this morning :rolleyes:

Weekly Old Farts meeting 16.00 hours in the local thisafto. Real ale £2.50 :cool: 

Everything that we have been predicting is coming true.