So Clarkson, Hammond and May will front a new motoring programme for Amazon Prime customers. Thank goodness for that - I won't be able to catch them accidentally when flicking through channels.

• Upvote 4

Well, I'll miss them. I definitely won't be watching Chris Evans !!!!

• Upvote 3

Amazon...? do they mean the jungle.. thought they had done that already in a Peugeot?

My great great grandfather's three elder brothers got 14 years in Tasmania. Ticket price: two sheep.

On the subject of Amazon, I understand that they do not like their employees to be in a trade union. A bit worrying as now they may need union support to take out grievances if they get thumped!

We are happy with Freeview.

The belief among TV folk is that we're all all going to get 4 boxes to sit under the TV.

We're going to need Freeview, Netflix, Sky, BT sport, Amazon Prime AND we're all going to pay through the nose every month - because we're desperate to see Clarkson, Champions League football, Game of Thrones, Lillyhammer etc. right ?

It says something about the quality of the terrestial channels that we are now being forced to pay for anything that is regarded as quality television AND we'll have to put up with all the adverts that go with it.

It's quite possible that a lot of us might just lose interest.

Not that I ever cared about the boorish Clarkson and his chimp sidekicks.

I very much like Champions League but I'm not prepared to pay for it.

I might actually turn the TV off and do something else.

I believe there might be something better!

• 2 years later...

Clarkson, May and The Hamster (Hammond) have made it to free to air TV down-under with their new program The Grand Tour.

They sometimes made amusing watching on Top Gear but having suffered through part of one episode I can only quote Popeye the Sailor Man "That's all I can stand I cant stands no more".  What an unmitigated load of ballcocks. Unfunny, over the top stupidity, and poorly executed. I wonder why anyone would pay for this garbage.

• Upvote 1