I can't stand.....

Here's another thread to help you to let off steam. It could have a number of titles:

I can't stand.... (eg: the taste of certain things / types of or particular people / TV people or programmes, etc)

I can't stand it when they.... (eg: authority of some kind changes things for the worse, etc)

I can't stand people who.... (eg: wear certain kinds of clothes / have bad habits / never do what you think they should etc)

Of course, none of the 'offenders' would be Nottstalgians - we are faultless, blameless and shameless!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't stand the Americanisation of the English language, even though I use 'OK' to signify agreement. Examples are: Movies instead of cinema, pictures, flicks. Gay instead of homosexual, and any n

Just took a phone call from a mate offering me two free tickets for the sold out Russell Brand at The Theatre Royal tonight .............. Thanks but no thanks staying in washing my ..... feet. 

I hope it doesn't say NEXT across the front, it sounds like an invitation.

There's already one on things that pee's you off, and the room 101 topic. However, we all love a good moan !!!!!!

They may well do, but I don't know any!!!!!! LOL

• Upvote 1

The faceless wonders have to keep inventing new words to replace old ones, that's called progress, so they say, and they try to baffle and bamboozle us to make themselves look good and important

I can't stand the Americanisation of the English language, even though I use 'OK' to signify agreement. Examples are:

Movies instead of cinema, pictures, flicks.

Gay instead of homosexual, and any number of slang and uncomplimentary expressions.

Guy instead of man, bloke, fellow, chap, and others.

(pronunciation) Re-search instead of research. Airplane instead of aircraft/aeroplane. Others are creeping in.

• Upvote 6

My ex wife.

Political Correctness.

Do Good'ers telling us what we should be doing, but it won't apply to them.

Two faced, lieing,cheating politicians.

Certain sections of the community, like the idle workshy.

I could go on.

• Upvote 1

That's enough, we got the gist of it . LOL

• Upvote 1

When someone greets me & Mrs Catfan with "Hi Guys", Mrs Catfan aint a bloke !

Having a meal in a pub/ cafe/ restaurant & when you have a mouthfull of food the waitress will ask is "everything OK" .

Charity shops trying to charge for second hand plastic bags.

Poor & inconsiderate drivers, I can spot em a mile away cos I should know, being the best driver on the road !

Women with really short hair.

• Upvote 1

You're getting better, more please!

• Upvote 1

People who say " know what I mean" after every sentence.

Bus drivers that drive off when they can see that you are running for the bus. ( doesn't apply to you Catfan when you were a bus driver) 😀

• Upvote 3

Ok, I was trying to resist the temptation but here goes.

Newsreaders who have to stand ... What's that all about.

Shop Assistants who pounce on you 'are you alright, do you need any help ?' ... If I need help, then I'll ask.

Drivers who hoot if they pass someone they know, don't indicate, try to get up my exhaust, drivers who refuse to let lorries into the stream of traffic. They are working, others aren't. Push in and don't wait their turn.

Bankers and City employees on massive bonus's when their businesses have made a loss.

Drug pushers/ takers.

Z listers.... Russel Brand, Eamon Holmes, Janet Street Porter and are famous for doing nothing whatsoever.

• Upvote 3

When Mrs Catfan says "lunch at noon" & turns out to be 12.30 instead !

When the weather forecast is wrong (most of the time then).!

People who think that they are superior beings cos they had a better education than most.

Some foreigners when questioned or challenged will play the "I no understandi" card !

People who have pets then when the novelty wears off of pet ownership the pet is dumped or mistreated.

Cafe's where half a cup of tea is served, I always request the cup to be filled or I walk.!

Ill mannered brats & there ill mannered "chav" parents, if you can call them parents. The only thing they know about parenting is making the little bleeder's!

Obviously overweight & out of condition people look like they have never done a day's exercise who wear tracksuits !

Over use of mobile phones, some people can't leave the bleddy things alone for five minutes !

• Upvote 3

I used to hate recently post graduate engineers, they'd tell you whats wrong and I always made them look like idiots at breakdowns.. Clueless one day wonders.

Being asked to do a doubler in summer just as I was getting off the cage to go home.

Driving in city traffic.

CROWDS!!

Cars with stereo's putting out 200db of rap music you can hear 100 miles away.

90 year old women walking on a beach topless and tripping over her......You get the picture. LOL

• Upvote 2

Disgusting : Used to describe any failing by police/local authority/bus or rail company/charity etc. Usually something which should really be described as incompetent, or any other more suitable adjective.

Any form of sporting clothing when not doing sport.

Have we had pronouncing 'th' as 'f' yet? For examine, 'fing' rather 'than' thing.

I spotted the classic one yesterday coming out the supermarket.

She was 25+ stone on a mobility scooter holding a white staffy on a lead. Shopping hanging off the front and rear. Scraggly obviously dyed black hair and smoking some odd looking rollup.

He was a scrawny rat and looked like something from texas chainsaw massacre and so damn ugly you could not tell if it was a mask or not. He was wearing the classic blue tracksuit with trainers that needed sunglasses to take in the full effect of the whiteness. And to top it all he was about 10 paces behind.

I did have a camera with me but I expect a smack in the mouth would have been on offer.

A fanatism for exotic pets is very common. Yet their brats are filthy and need clothes and a decent meal instead of "Greggs"..

When someone says after every sentence " un that "! e.g.Know what I mean "un that" !

• Upvote 2

Is there anything you do like catfan - apart from cats?!

I agree with most of it actually, especially the mobile phones. I have a theory that these contraptions are actually balancing devices so are permanently attached to the ear to avoid falling over......

My pet hate is when someone in front of me at the supermarket carries on packing their shopping when the cashier tells them how much it costs, then

they start looking for cash/credit card/coupons as if it is a great surprise that they are expected to pay anything! And then they will start to query the price of items, all the time while I clutch my one item and grit my teeth.

• Upvote 1

I have to admit I finish packing before paying, otherwise I get the next persons stuff coming at me and scowls as to why I'm still there!

OrphanAnnie, it doesn't stop there. When they have filled their bags they then rummage through their purse to find a fistful of 10-pence-off vouchers - some valid, some out-of-date. Meanwhile, a couple of the vegetable labels don't scan and the check-out woman tries to peel it back to read the bar code, but has to manually punch in the 50-number code of the cucumber. Then a bottle is found to be leaking so the bell is rung to call the assistant for her to go and get another one. It takes a minute or more for her to arrive and another two minutes to find the replacement.

As you are calmly taking all this in your stride (because you not are not in any particular hurry) you notice that the adjacent checkout, that had more people queuing at it than yours did, is now vacant.

• Upvote 2

#10. Orphan Annie.

I think mobile phones are the work of the devil. Next time you ride on a bus take a look at your fellow passengers, most will be texting with fingers moving ten to the dozen. This will be interrupted by the really inconsiderate one who treats us all to one side of their conversation, i.e." I'M ON THE BUS " " I'M ON MY MOBILE" , of course you are, how would you be speaking to them otherwise, telepathy ?

Sometimes I do wonder if some of these phone calls are genuine, we don't know for sure, perhaps the phone-ee has no real friends but wants to portray to everyone else that they are really popular !

I still believe mobile phones are some sort of fashion accessory, the come in all different colours too. Notice how people carry them around with them, they walk into a pub & plonk the phone on the table, like they have brought it with them to the pub in case it rings & they then can start to worship the bleddy thing by talking into it & treating everyone around to a one sided conversation ! "I'M IN THE PUB, WHERE ARE YOU" etc. etc.

Notice too, how kids these days have adapted to mobile phone usage, they can't read or write or spell but they can bleddy text at 100 wpm tho !

Saw a brat the other day with his own mobile phone, he was no more than 5-6 years old ! Some have a mobile phone before they are out of nappies I think.

• Upvote 3

Mobile not much use here no signal.............................IF I want to make a call I have to go to the bottom of BILs garden (about 100 yards)

Not used mobile since Monday evening though.