What a surprise; Lord Janner fails to attend court as directed. The authorities are in danger of losing public confidence in the process if they continue to give him preferential treatment. Standard process for anyone failing to attend court is to issue a warrant. Police then find and arrest the defendant and put him in a cell until he can be presented to the magistrates (same day or next working day). It's not even a 'biggie' - the appearance in the magistrates' court would take a couple of minutes because such matters would just be sent to the Crown Court and he would quite likely be released on bail for the next few months.

• Upvote 3

The defendant has to appear in person. Charges are read, plea is taken. If plea is 'not guilty', decision as to where to hold a trial ensue (i.e. Magistrates' Court or Crown Court). Allegations of serious offences [like these] will almost certainly have to be tried at Crown Court. A date is set and the magistrates [or District Judge] decide whether to allow the defendant bail as opposed to remanding in custody. Hard to say which way they'd go with this case but bail is the default option unless there is good cause to lock someone up (remember he's innocent until proven otherwise). All in, you're talking a couple of minutes.

It's not for his lawyers to try to set up a video link. That is unprecedented and it's not their call. Video links are for defendants who are already in custody.

Whilst the magistrates court can be either three magistrates or one District Judge, I expect this case would have been put before the latter (generally the case for 'high profile' matters).

Should be OK to proceed to trial:

Most people with dementia remember the distant past more clearly than recent events. This is because memories tend to decline in reverse order to when they were experienced. People will often have difficulty remembering what happened a few minutes or hours ago, but can recall, in detail, life when they were much younger.

Source: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=123

• Upvote 1

So, as I expected it is being dealt with by a District Judge. She says it'll be sorted today, even if she has to have him arrested (i.e. issue a warrant).

Do you remember the Guinness share scandal back in the nineties and the jailing of CEO, Ernest Saunders. He immediately appealed, claiming he was suffering from Alzheimers. He was released and then recovered from the incurable Alzheimers and is still alive. Truly a miracle.

I see that the District Judge in Janner's case, DJ Emma Arbuthnot, is the same one that dealt with David Brudenell-Bruce, 8th Earl of Cardigan, in Salisbury magistrates' court, July 2012 (she was described as a 'special District Judge brought in from London').

She declared the multi-millionaire Lord Cardigan to be unfit to plead and adjourned the case so that he could visit a hospital. He was described as psychologically unwell by a court assessment officer though he didn't need to be Sectioned. He was only up for ÂŁ66 worth of criminal damage and theft of some pheasant equipment so not in Lord Janner's league.

There are loads more like him around and getting away with these crimes, you will not hear of them because they are the people who are at the top themselves, carrying out these investigations.................

So Jill Dando went to her bosses about an investigation and a mere 'few years' later she was shot. Either the conspirators are amazingly slow at covering their tracks or this is just internet bullshit. I know where my guess is. Why does every famous murder invite nonsense conspiracy theories? Actually I just read to the bottom of that piece and it's disgusting innuendo and unsupported libel. So Nick Ross 'pretended to grieve' and was in on the lot was he?

'Cliff is also incredibly close to Tony Blair and, according to insiders, the two have been….how can we put this delicately….intimate (what a sickening thought).'

'

Jill’s fiancée, Alan Farthing, is also an Establishment tool and was roped into the plot to get rid of her.

He was handsomely rewarded by being promoted to the Queen’s personal gynaecologist (an even more sickening thought).'

I should point out that posting these allegations here puts this site and it's owner at risk of being sued for libel, so I'm not sure why we've been pointed to this despicable nonsense in the first place.

• Upvote 2

Surely Janner can go in a wheelchair!!!

• Upvote 1

Good !!!! I've not had the news on.

Having just read the post (#14) I was amazed at the amount of allegations made towards so many people and thinking how libellous the article was. You tend to find that very few people are sued because the accused know that most people assume the accusations are too far fetched to be true.

Accusing someone of something is easy, proving it is another matter.

Regarding Lord Janner, it does seem as though he is trying to evade attending court because of his illness. If there is enough evidence against him then he should be made to stand trial. His age and health shouldn't save him IF he is guilty, just like it didn't save the Nazi war criminals from being sentenced for their war crimes.

• Upvote 3

'Cliff is also incredibly close to Tony Blair and, according to insiders, the two have been….how can we put this delicately….intimate (what a sickening thought).'

'

Your words not mine DJB.

Brenton,wouldn't surprise me if it was all true!! Aristocracy is firmly based on some horrific occurances.. Pokers mean anything to you? Esther Rantzen wished she had spoke up sooner.Hopefully these cases stop becoming Historical and become Actual and Factual present day prosecutions of these filthy beasts!! PS:refuse to post anymore on this "NUFF SAID!!"