End of the world weekend

The sun is our biggest enemy in these technological times, a large X8 or X9 solar ejection would render us back to pre industrial age era. We have come to rely on modern electronics way too much.

A flare as big as that hitting earth would kill our electricity supply industries, render all means of communicating useless except direct contact, render all trains, trucks cars, planes etc to scrap metal.

Even our food source's, the farms would be thrown back to old methods of cultivation.

Can anyone imagine a world without electricity, telephones, cars, trucks, trains, planes and ships, without running water or waste water treatment, no working hospitals, no central or national governments, where cities and towns are the most dangerous places to live??

That's how vulnerable we really are.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite right too Chulla. As I have already said, each to their own. We are all different having different opinions & views on many things in life. There are certain other aspects of life I find of

As is obvious by now, mentioning religion to me is like waving a red rag at a bull; I have to have a go at it. At one time the thread looked a little heated but it has calmed down (sort of) and we are

I don't think we ordinary people would be told if it a massive asteroid strike or similar was imminent. I'm with you on this one, Blondie. Logically, I agree that there would be no point getting hy

There was an NBC TV show a couple of years back called Revolution. It was a sci fi story based on all power going off on earth. Story line good, directing excellent and acting first class.

The only thing I found fascinating was everyone had perfect white teeth after being without dentists...LOL

But a good indicator of what life probably would be like without our modern conviences.

At the risk of getting this deleted,i have to say the members should be allowed at least ONE post on the Greatest emergency in Europe since WW2 to show the thoughts and feelings of the people of Nottingham,about the terrible situation millions of our fellow human beings are facing,not far away.

As the forum is for Posterity,surely you will allow this ?

• Upvote 1

Have you heard of CERN. The large hadron collider on the Swiss/french border? Even some scientists like Stephen Hawking are afraid this machine built to collide high energy particles at near the speed of light could cause a black hole or some such danger. Even open up another dimension. It is set to go to full power on the 23rd I think. Who knows what might happen? Just because we can do some things doesn't mean we should.

Re. Refugees Ben. I see nothing wrong with mentioning it. It is a horrible business. I think just another sign of the times.

• Upvote 1

Dave posted HADRON.

Some of Nicola Tesla's experiments were interesting and caused some odd effects. HAARP is a modern set up of one his his theories and experiments, basically weather pattern alteration, although the US government would argue it's not for such things....Yeah right and pigs fly.

They say Tesla was onto a lot of way out stuff, John. One wonders what the state of technology really is? Probably way ahead of anything we are ever told. We have about 12 days left in September. Time will tell I guess.

Don't know what the old guy with the sign in the picture was on about. Says something about a flying scroll. Nothing in the Bible about that as far as I know.

I found a few more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but

The sun is our biggest enemy in these technological times, a large X8 or X9 solar ejection would render us back to pre industrial age era. We have come to rely on modern electronics way too much.

A flare as big as that hitting earth would kill our electricity supply industries, render all means of communicating useless except direct contact, render all trains, trucks cars, planes etc to scrap metal.

Even our food source's, the farms would be thrown back to old methods of cultivation.

Can anyone imagine a world without electricity, telephones, cars, trucks, trains, planes and ships, without running water or waste water treatment, no working hospitals, no central or national governments, where cities and towns are the most dangerous places to live??

That's how vulnerable we really are.

Some of us have been suffering hell enough just with things like fluoridated (& alluminium-laced) water. I don't have any clean running "home" tap water here. (The thugs evade by trying to claim that getting a water filter is easy solution but it is not.)

Some people are being cut off from electricity for refusing smart meters (does any one hear about them?), some of us are being forced to choose between changing to broadband or going without if we are not able/willing to. We can't get unsprayed food (even organics spray).

There was an NBC TV show a couple of years back called Revolution. It was a sci fi story based on all power going off on earth. Story line good, directing excellent and acting first class.

The only thing I found fascinating was everyone had perfect white teeth after being without dentists...LOL

But a good indicator of what life probably would be like without our modern conviences.

Those people that had good diet & cleanilness had good teeth before water fluroidation and before modern western diet/lifestyle.

"As Hillel the Elder had stated, whosoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whosoever that saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world."

• Upvote 2

At the risk of getting this deleted,i have to say the members should be allowed at least ONE post on the Greatest emergency in Europe since WW2 to show the thoughts and feelings of the people of Nottingham,about the terrible situation millions of our fellow human beings are facing,not far away.

As the forum is for Posterity,surely you will allow this ?

NO need to delete was there,.................nobody seems bothered...............lol.

Benjamin, I'M bothered and every time I watch the News I feel achingly sad, angry about the situations that have caused the refugee crisis and helpless because I can do so little - sending clothes and money is just a tiny drop in the ocean. I look at the children especially, and try and imagine how I would feel if they were my grandchildren. Some friends of ours have registered to take a couple of Syrian children for however long is necessary, but the 'wheels' go so slowly that I doubt that will happen very swiftly. I wish we had the space to accommodate a family but we only have 2 bedrooms in this bungalow. I think the situation is so complex that there is no easy or straightforward answer, but I certainly have feelings about it and hope and pray that the leaders of the nations in Europe will somehow find a long term solution without causing too much collateral damage. I DO CARE!

• Upvote 4

There is no hope for this country when people insist on us over populating,afraid to have a view now if it doesn't coincide with the do Gooders who started this mess in the first place,when will they learn the damage they are doing ,the consequences will become apparent then they will blame everyone else,I hope has a country we can afford the costs that will follow.

• Upvote 2

# 46. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and to air it, as long as it isn't a PERSONAL attack. At least that's what I think......

• Upvote 5

Just got back in after going to the Forest match and then stopped off for something to eat at the Ferry Inn, Wilford.

At the match they were promoting the new film about the glory days at the City Ground, it's called "I believe in Miracles" due for release on 11th October, I think?

A few minutes ago I was sorting through a few records that have been in storage for donkeys years, looking for the record with the same title as the film and sung by Hot Chocolate.

Now, I had not read this post until about 10 minutes ago, but when I was searching one of the records dropped on to the floor and stooping down to pick it up I looked to see if it was the right one by chance.

Spookily it was called "Don't they know it's the end of the World" by Skeeter Davis.....

• Upvote 2