wedding anniversary

It was my Golden Wedding Anniversary on 9th Oct and I would like to share it with all my friends on Nottstalgia. We where married at 3 00 Goose Fair Saturday at St Stephens, our reception was at the Liberal Club on St Ann's Well road, At the time the master was 23 and myself 18, there where about 150 guest's and we had a group not a disco. The guest's decided to do the Conga all the way out of the club, down to the crossing at the Lacarno stopping all the traffic.

We missed the conga as we went to catch the train to London for our honeymoon. My boss at the time always stayed at The Regent Place in Piccadilly, so never being in a hotel before talked master into booking, it cost £3 3/6 for a night, Won't bore you with rest of details, Next morning this man wanted to take our photo, being new to the big city just did as he asked, he then asked for 5/- for taking the photos, like fools we handed over the money, he took our address and promised to send photo's on.

Well since 1965 we have stayed in lot's of hotels and travelled all over.

How have we managed 50 years I don't know but we have just had second honeymoon and again won't bore you with details, but this time it was not London.

p.s. We did get our photo's about 2 months later, we both thought that we were being ripped off but neither of us at the time dare say anything to each other or tell the man to pi-------off

Glad we accepted as they are the only photo's we have. No mobile's in those days.

• Upvote 11

Nice Post mary1947.

Congratulations on reaching your Golden Anniversary together. You would have had a great day with your live band and what a happy day from the sounds of it. I would have loved to see the conga on St Anns Well Rd. A friend of mine is in the process of helping her daughter arrange their wedding. It is costing thousands, and though the surroundings and reception will be quite sumptuous, i'm sure the enjoyment of the day will be the same as yours and mine was. You were similar ages to us when we married in 1966; so it is our 50th next year.

Very pleased you got your photo's Mary. :)

Congratulations from me too. Your wedding sounded really good. I particularly remember that our actual wedding day seemed to flash by really quickly - you spend a long time planning the day and then before you know it, it's over. Our Golden Wedding is in March next year - can't believe where all the years have gone....

• Upvote 1