A job you might enjoy?

My wife is a "blue badge" holder(has MS) not only being able to use disabled spaces she can park on double yellow lines & park for free in most car parks.

So the value of such badges bus be seen to be believed.

My mother(86) is also a blue badge holder & she don't drive but comes in useful when my sister takes her shopping.

Don't forget the blue badge is for the person & not a particular vehicle.

Trouble is, this system is wide open to abuse, my old next door neighbour a few years ago always used her husbands blue badge, even when he was in hospital.

This only spoils it for genuine disabled patrons.

What I would do in a flash in get rid of all parent & toddler spaces. Many times I see mum pull up at Tesco or wherever with twelve year old Johnny in tow.

They don't understand the word TODDLER !

• Upvote 1

What I would do in a flash in get rid of all parent & toddler spaces.

Agreed, my old Mum used to say "if they've got the energy to make kids they can bleddy well walk to the shop".

And, how come these spaces are always close to the shop, these mothers are young and fit and healthy, let 'em walk n'all.

I'd love the job of catching the abusers. I spotted one the other week. The car pulled up outside Wetherspoons in Wick in the pedestrianized area and out jumped a fit looking young man in a tracksuit and trainers. He strode over to the pub and ordered a dinner and pint. The only disabled thing about him was his mental ability.

At the onset of summer, I thought I might apply for a job as a bikini line inspector, but I fear I may have needed stronger glasses.

• Upvote 1

I would have offered to work overtime for nothing too.

I knew about this chap whose mother had a car on the Motability Scheme. She can drive but he is allowed to use it to take her out. There is no problem with this but the fact is he never took her anywhere but used the car for work and leisure 24/7. The welfare system is full of abuse and fraud, things that the tax payer has to fork out for.

I often use my father's blue badge for ferrying him about.

One disagreeable old scroat in Sutton in Ashfield claimed it was for the driver only. I am clearly not disabled, and my father is not obviously disabled at first sight but having cancer, a heart valve replacement, COPD and on warfarin I guess he qualifies. but this old geezer gave me a hard time.

A slight thread drift, I got run over by a disabled driver. In Tesco. He was in the motorised wheelchairs and reversed into me causing me to nose dive into the display of leeks.

If anyone says my wife don't look disabled I usually say they don't look stupid. hellothere

As I said in an earlier post my mother has a blue badge but has never driven.

The blind are entitled to a blue badge ................How can they drive?

• Upvote 1