Did you live near,go to school with,or work with anyone who's on the telly?

Nothing wrong with straight questions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No famous workmates or schoolmates but would like to think they have !!!LOL

Billy Fury used to be on the telly, and I am married to a woman who knows a lady at her Friday Lunch Club whose son plays in the Billy Fury band. I bet none of you knew that.

Can't believe no Gedling-ites have mentioned Loose Woman and Benidorm star , Sherrie Hewson or Hutchinson as she was known at Gedling Sec Mod . She was in the year below me but I went to a lot of par

#44 David, If you were in the year below me, then Sherrie would have been two years below me. I don't remember her at all, but of course she was just an ordinary kid at that age. Fame still to come to her. I don't think the older pupils mixed much with the younger ones, we tended to stick to our own year. Didn't she do well. Good for her. :biggrin:

Carni , Sherrie was one of the Burton Joyce lot and as my mates all lived there I spent a lot of time there in my youth .

I had two girlfriends in her year so guess we did mix more inter -year , one called June, went to stage school with Sherrie.

Sherries older brother was called Brett who later was

a dj at the Palais for many years .

Burton Joyce was the one place around Gedling that we didn't go to much when we were younger, probably because it was a bit to far to walk. The Burton rd Gay Cafe, Cricket field and Ritz picture house were about the closest we strayed towards BJ, so we wouldn't have been on Sherries social scene.

Netherfield, Carlton, Mapperley,Cavendish, were our main hang outs as young teens, and also Arnold because my friend lived there. We hung around "Arnold Seats" about 1962/3/4? and made a few friends in that area.with the crowd. Long time ago, memory not so good now!

• Upvote 1

David my parents lived in Burton Joyce for some years befor they moved to Gedling Village where I was born.

The name Hutchinson rings a bell but I think that would be from my parents or my older siblings.

As carni says we where to cool to have anything to do with the younger one's at school. Ha Ha

• Upvote 2

Ha ha Burton Joyce was further for me to go as I lived "up Mapperley" , must have cycled I guess until I got my little Mini .

Did ,hang around Gedling too as another girlfriend's mum owned the wool shop on Main street . Used to go to the youth club bottom of Arnold Lane too but as I remember it wasn't that great .

Think Sherries house was on Crifton Drive , it was certainly a big posh house with swimming pool !

If it was the Youth Club in the Memorial Hall near the Church David, SueB and I probably went there at the same time as you.I think it moved to different premises after we had stopped going there. I think we got to old and started to go to thelocal pubs and dances instead?

Yes was the Memorial Hall . Think there was a table tennis table and not much else ?

My brother was a builder and did a house up for Glenda Jackson, think it was Eastwood way. Probably around the time she was filming Women in Love, but unsure of the exact date.

She used to come on site and organise how she wanted this and that done, think it was only a terrace type of place. My brother was a bit of a larakin and really hit it off with her at the time.

1982,had a girlfriend that lived in Cookham Dean..we used to bat 'round Marlow etc... She was pally with a few racing drivers..so I put on me best elephant cords and went to two parties at George Harrison's gaff,the old convent..I turned up on a very smokey Enfield!!