Ianexit.

Taking a two week break From NS.

The political side is spreading out into other areas on here.

Time was you couldn't say Jeremy Thorpe on here without getting your legs slapped!

Now its Polstalgia...my cuppa it ain't.

See you when it's cooled down.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aah Ian, I'm sorry Miduck, I have been a bit of a miserable b....r just lately. I have got some "Hospital/Dental" thingies going on at the moment and it has sent my imagination up into orbit and out o

There's even a limit to how many threads I'm prepared to start which include the words "random photos".

What's wrong with Nottstalgian banter alongside the serious stuff ? ......have we run out of things to say ?

Can't fault you Ian,............i'm just back from a 5 day break........similar reasons........

It is FUN ,

• Upvote 1

Just add them to the first one Cliff !

• Upvote 1

After receiving a complaint, I locked all EU Referendum discussions, they were only temporary anyway.

These will be archived alongside other political threads when I get the time. Future generations will no doubt find these interesting?

I do not foresee any similar future event that will warrant inclusion here for discussion in a primarily Nottingham history forum.

Regarding threads containing political discussion, I have locked whatever I have found. I would remind members that there is a report to moderator link in every post.

• Upvote 1

There were some good points made though Mick. On both sides.

• Upvote 2

You will find that throughout the archived material FLY2.

Where it falls down is the small minority that do not accept others have a right to opinions too.

• Upvote 4

I' ve barely posted for several days as I only have my phone with me, so I' m not sure what I '_ve missed.

I won't deny that I' ve engaged in political discussion, though I always try to attack the argument, not the poster.

I go on another forum where the political discussion all takes place in an ' off topic' section. Thus, it doesn't ' infect' the main forum, which is about music, hi-fi etc. I offer that as a thought, that' s all.

I shall try to avoid political discussion, even the polite sort on here.

However, I will respond vigorously to any form of racism or other discriminatory chatter. I like this forum and the vast bulk of what I read here, but I will not collude with discrimination, even by ignoring it.

Col

• Upvote 1

I've never encountered any racist or discriminatory matter on here.

Mick and the other staff have monitored it brilliantly over the years.

However, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a smattering of harmless banter. As I've always said on here, 'If one cannot take it, then don't give it'. Also one doesn't have to read every post or every topic. There's numerous topics on here that I don't read.

• Upvote 2

I will respond vigorously to any form of racism or other discriminatory chatter. I like this forum and the vast bulk of what I read here, but I will not collude with discrimination, even by ignoring it.

Col

No you wont. you will press the report button on the post, it will then be reviewed for deletion. :)

• Upvote 3

Yes Boss... Sorry Boss.... 😇

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I don't particularly think that NS has suddenly become boring. I tend to think that it's partially the new format which a lot of us are still coming to terms with. Don't give up folks. There's still much to enjoy on here. 

They say that 'Life is what you make it'. Well similarly NS is what WE make it. 

• Upvote 1

Must admit my new "ALL ACTIVITY" button did not look to appealing today all I could see was "singer names of one word" WTF! "Song & word association" "keep drop keep drop drop keep one" malarkey! 

Yesterday some interesting posts perfume smell/what a plonker/big bad Sam/keeping fit etc once again apologies for bumping all 4. 

Crikey me iPad keeps over heating overheating! 

• Upvote 1

If as somebody mentioned there are only about 30 regular posters its gonna get a bit tedious listening/reading to the same folk all the time,and the games ok for them that like em,i find em just repeating the same sh...,  need some new blood..........no disrespect to the 30,but bleddy hell as RR said takes ages to sort down to interesting subjects............less games more members.....just my humble opinion.

• Upvote 2

I noticed members' mentioned,in one of the games.............i'd probably be the only male member' wearing one Jill...............lol.

• Upvote 1

This site is very welcoming and harmless. Its certainly a lot less.....boisterous....than some military sites I frequent. 

Sometimes it is hard to separate a political point to general viewpoint, but in general the mods do it well. 

Nottingham is a lovely city and deserves to be recognised as such. Therefore I post here. 

• Upvote 3

Well said Mercury............and Nottstalgia deserves more than 30 regulars,i look on Users on line,and mostly see 90% guests,get logged in and tell us what you think,...........too shy or what ?