My Nottinghan book collection

2 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

The reason (excuse) is I have a new smart phone & this is the first picture I have taken & posted 

I hope this is the first of many photos from your books. Looks like you could do one a day for several years.

In that picture there are 20 directories the earliest being 1832

A complete set of "Victorian Nottingham"

Earliest original book 1803(Coke & Birch paper war)

But of course the best of my collection is the directories includes eight Kelly's

• Upvote 1

Looked at this thread first on y Tablet, no pics, so now on my laptop. Still no pics. Strange that others can see them. Perhaps I'm not holding my mouth right? LOL

2 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

Clifton & Carni have no problems

Actually, I'm also seeing the No Entry sign on the second one; but I hadn't bothered to add myself to the list because I assumed it would be sorted :mellow:

Whatever I'm not seeing....it's big.

I've just looked at the HTML coding for the two photos (i.e. the line of reference gibberish you insert into the Nottstalgia reply).

I can get the reference for the bookcase photo and re-post it anywhere and it's ok; but when I get the reference for the other photo it doesn't work anywhere. I'd suggest you delete that photo from wherever (Photobucket ?) and re-save it. Then try again.

I'm having a clear out and have a couple of Nottingham history booklets which might interest you or Cliff. One is 'Walks in Nottingham' by Keith Train - who taught me science at HPGS - published 1970, and the other called 'Nottingham City of Caves' from the 'Get to know Nottingham' series, third edition, by Andrew Hamilton for the Nottingham Civic Society. If you would like one or both, pm me and I will post them to you.