How's your day?

@plantfithope you enjoyed your day and remembered to clean your paintbrushes. Not been a bad day at this end of the world. Our darts evening was well attended, with 18 contestants. I managed to get to the final but missed out because I could'nt get double bloody one! Never mind though, there's always next time. At least I got the runner up medal. I do enjoy running these evenings, like the quiz night also. Another treat tomorrow, our Covid shots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Beekay said:

I managed to get to the final but missed out because I could'nt get double bloody one!

Double one often called Annies room/Annies House or The Mad House.

Worst place to be on a dart board if you get a single one on your first arrer then the rest of your throw is forfeited.

Just got to practice your doubles Beekay, but congratulations on being the runner up, sometimes called the first loser.

• Like 2

Well done Barrie on the runners up medal, next time eh, sommat to aim for (pun intended), good attendance too, you might be number two in the darts but it sounds like you are number one for organising the events

Rog

• Like 1

Yesterday I FINALLY got a fully functioning bathroom after sorting a couple of last minute plumbing hitches.. hooray!  Just a bit of minor 'snagging' to do and two mirror cabinets to mount. But not today. I'm having a day off.

Local Billingers have put up fab photos of last night's Aurora Borealis seen from the hill.  I was too knackered to get up there, but did have a look from the field at the bottom of the street. No joy.  Far too much light pollution.

Later today we're going over to our eldest daughters place in Manchester for a barbeque come birthday celebration for the youngest, who lives in the same street. But, older daughter has declared that we must all be gone by 6:00 pm as she wants to watch the Eurovision final. She's always loved anything 'kitsch and tacky'... Dunno where she gets that from..:blink:

Lovely morning in Retford, good market with plenty of stalls, nice walk along the River Idle then along the Chesterfield canal, warm sunshine and no breeze, plenty of traffic on the A1 coming home, everyone going to the Nottinghamshire show at Newark, should be a great day for them all,

Retford market place (well a bit of it)

Retford-11-05-3.jpg

Retford-11-05-4.jpg

Mrs P waiting for her cup of tea at the side of the canal cafe and bar

Retford-11-05-12.jpg

Have a great day everyone and put plenty of sun cream on

Rog

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Had our Covid jabs this morning then came home to watch the old farts playing Seniors championship snooker. Interesting game, however, it does amuse me that it's called seniors, when I'm old enough to be most of ems dad ! Still, I can't complain. Been a scorcher today and if it's the same tomorrow, it'll be murder up at Sheffield Park. But I love it when it's busy. Wonder if Plantfit bought a new bike frame while in Retford.?

No new bike frame BK, I got enough bikes (for now), did manage to sell the Raleigh Activator 2 the other day so a bit more room in the shed, got to get the show bikes ready for the first show soon but before I do that It's always nice to have a ride out on them (not the penny farthing junior though),

Rog

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I like Retford

I lived in Nottinghamshire for 26 years and never went to Retford. Don't know why. Are there any major towns in the county that you have not been to?

Enjoyed Retford......nice town.....worked the Coop there and the Ordsall one......

Played Football on Retford Town's ground.......also played cricket nearby......

Are the Cannon's still there?

Had a couple of old friends who were 'Prison Officers there........also used to visit a Football pal who got locked up there...;)

As for large towns ive not visited..in England...a few down south on the coast...thats all....

the canon is still there Ben funnily enough in Canon square near the church

Rog