• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Sorry Trogg for all the problems you've had and are having. Despite all the problems that have come my way ( uninvited) it makes mine seem like a common headache. It very difficult when you've been used to doing everything yourself then having to force yourself to hang back. It's then that you look back and think what have I done to deserve it. I can think of loads of things that on looking back , I shouldn't have done. Sit back even for a while and have another coffee.

• Like 6

Hey Trogg - we may lose our physical ability but if we have respect from others and retain out self esteem who cares?

Last week I really struggled to keep up with the rest of our fishing group in the Highlands. Thought I may need helicoptering in at one stage. Just kept falling down trying to circumnavigate a wild Loch in a gale....but I (hopefully) retained respect for trying in spite of being a bit silly taking it on. 

Think it's safe to say that you have a lot of respect on here :cool:

• Like 4

Often wondered what bait you would use to fish for flys. :( must be tiny hooks and rod too. What do you do when you've  caught a fly? Does one stuff it and put it in a glass case or photograph it and put it back?

It's  tongue in cheek, before anybody extracts the urine !

• Like 2

Just goes to show PP, fishing should be listed among the dangerous sports. Maybe you should take up something safe, like swimming with sharks or bungy jumping.

• Like 1

Yes trogg,,,finished up with many a lovely 'Wallflower''...............fancy town tonight ?      Whistle stop '' ?

Been like this for a couple or three days.... I was wondering what was going on! (Or more correctly, why was NOTHING going on!!)

Been around and about looking at old things.

Last Saturday I went up St Mary's Church and took photos.

Midweek went to Nottm University Kings Meadow site (the old Central TV) for a look at their manuscripts/library section.

Today had a look around Peoples Hall on Heathcoat Street.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Been around and about looking at old things.

You'll have more opportunity for that at the meet up!  

I presume it's still on - we are coming to Nottingham for FOUR nights/five days, so hope we'll see several 'old things' while we're there..... if anyone can't make the arranged date,  we'd be pleased to meet individuals on another day as well.....

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, MargieH said:

You'll have more opportunity for that at the meet up!  

I presume it's still on - we are coming to Nottingham for FOUR nights/five days, so hope we'll see several 'old things' while we're there..... if anyone can't make the arranged date,  we'd be pleased to meet individuals on another day as well.....

What date has been decided on then Margie? I'm  hoping for December 11th as one. B.

Bit of a change of pace. Maybe this should be Beekays paintings, but it seems more people follow this thread.

My sister in law absolutely loved her bath tub and watering can. Now I'm at a loss with nowt to paint. But, ! I'm  on the lookout for a milk churn, preferably  with a lid. So I'm  appealing to NS gang to keep an eye out for me. Needs to be paintable and not too expensive. Any help will greatly appreciated. Barrie.

Plumber came today to fit a new shower tray the old one cracked, told the wife it must be her weight as she is happy as she is putting on weight now 8 stone 2oz. He took the old tray out and had to have a new floor as the old one had rotted . Now I have to sit and  watch Corrie and its on for an hour tonight and I had been warned not to make any stupid comments. For anyone who is interested and gets up at silly oclock in the night on one of the Sky channels there is old episodes of Corrie , I didn't watch any so I cannot tell you from what period they are  from.