How's your day?

Phoned Milan about our flights to London this morning. After the rigmarole press this press that I finally got to speak to an

“ English” assistant. He was Indian I believe and it took me a few minutes to understand him. Gave my reference number and I had to repeat it 4 times because he got it wrong. After the big question that I had explained quite clearly he said “what do you want to know, why the flight was late?”

At the end after he went away to enquire he came back to say he couldn’t help me because he didn’t know anything about it. 
I was left:Shock:

That’s  BA help and assistance. Doesn’t give you any Hope does it?

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I'll bet he was called George or William, as are a lot of the folks on the Indian subcontinent who are employed in such roles.  One of them rang me recently for British Gas. He said his name was Charles. I told him my name was Sita. That appeared to be lost on him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I found a recently dead woodpecker when I was mowing yesterday. I was going to call someone I knew who does a bit of taxidermy but when I looked this morning the body, apart from the feathers, had all but gone. Wasps seemed to be making a meal of it at the moment. Mother Nature always sorts things out!

Hiya Kath., in answer, yes, on both days. Very busy yesterday and not too bad today, although we did have to use the overflow car park.x

PS. Did any of them have a ride on my buggy?

That I couldn't tell you Beekay. I only saw their pics on FB, looked like maybe 15-20 of them, at least 1 with a cane so I bet she rode with you. My friend belongs to Micheldene WI so that's why I see their activities.

Just looking at the news in the ‘Falmouth Packet’ online newspaper. Apparently the local police had to batter down the doors of a Falmouth fish and chip shop - with a battering ram would you believe?

We used to holiday in the area regularly so I always take an interest.

Recently there was a topic on faulty tech items in it I said I turned it off removed the plug swore at it, gave it time to consider its future then switch it back on. Well new tech has an evil mind of its own, my laptop decided to have its revenge on me. The battery ran down even being plugged in , after a new charger which made no difference it was taken to the laptop doctor who gave a sickening estimate , seeing the age of mine I had to buy an new one.

The new one arrived and a phone call to grandson and he set it up for me, he was right back it up regularly, I never lost anything. Now I have to get use to windows 11 ,but I get the last laugh as I cannot delete all my stuff on the old laptop I can get great satisfaction deleting it with a massive hammer, then into the dustbin.

1 hour ago, trogg said:

I can get great satisfaction deleting it with a massive hammer, then into the dustbin.

I am sure you will get great satisfaction despatching it with a nicely weighted lump hammer trogg. We have just taken two old TV's and laptops to our "big box" hardware store where they have free disposal. I made sure that any sensitive data was deleted from the system properly. Then again a well placed lump hammer on the hard drive will have the same effect.

Hope all is going well for Ben down at Kings Mill Hospital today.  If he dislikes that place as much as I do, he'll be gritting his teeth every time he drives past but, Ben being Ben, he'll have them dancing in the aisles and laughing. Laughter truly is the best medicine.

• Like 1

When I chopped a finger off some years ago the casualty dept. at Newark, who patched it up, said I would have to go to Kings Mill the next day for a proper assessment. I pleaded with them not to send me there so I was directed to the Pulvertoft Hand Centre at Derby Royal which involved a weekly 60 mile round trip for some months. They even made me a prosthetic finger which sits in a box on my bedside table!

Thankyou Jill......just got back.....just had a consultation.......which put my mind at ease.....chose to have a Colonoscopy next week.......thought i was having it today.........the Consultant was brilliant and certainly made me feel confident about the procedure.......the crazy thing was he asked me if i had the treatment before?...i honestly couldn't remember........Donna was with me luckily and told him i had TWICE.......The nurse and the Consultant both had a great sense of humour and we laughed a lot.......but i went too far and got refused a DANCE.....:biggrin:

• Like 3
4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

When I chopped a finger off some years ago the casualty dept. at Newark, who patched it up, said I would have to go to Kings Mill the next day for a proper assessment. I pleaded with them not to send me there so I was directed to the Pulvertoft Hand Centre at Derby Royal which involved a weekly 60 mile round trip for some months. They even made me a prosthetic finger which sits in a box on my bedside table!

So they gave you the finger?