How's your day?

WELL what a day !!! Sunday    Jumped out of my bed in my normal way, then into shower now having Parkinson's mobilty not as good as it used to be. We brought a bed from JL ages ago and it had a beautiful wood frame, BUT the legs were in a J shape. Many many times master and have caught out little piggies on these legs. After given them a rub and cursed the bed legs, its been ok. TILL SUNDAY WHEN MY PIGGIE CAUGHT THE LEG and it decided to teach me a lesson? Don't walk around in bare feet.  Well the pain was excruciating I could not stand or walk on my foot and the other foot had come out in sympathy. I just sat on the floor with tears running down my face with the pain. Master put some ice in a bag to help,  Next master wanted me to go into the other room so I could put my feet up. Well there we were. two old youngster, master trying to help me up to walk, and myself could not move. In the end master said he would drag me into the other room with my legs,  Well there we were  tears running down my face but both of us laughing at the same time. Sorry it was Saturday it happened not Sunday,  Comment from my friend I bet he dragged you by your hair not your leg? I wish even though i was in pain some one had taken a video, Now sitting writing this post toe next to big toe is a beautiful colour.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I never wear shoes in the house, so I can well understand your problem @mary1947

There's nothing worse than catching your toes on unyielding objects like furniture. Since I also tend to walk around in the dark, I've had the problem many times!

• Like 1

I know we live out in the sticks but we do have electricity. Mains drainage came some years ago as did mains gas. We’re the last on the lane to have these facilities. Others still live in the dark ages. They’re just dropping in fibre optic cables now. Our mobile ‘phone signal is hit and miss though.

I’ve just returned home from my barber’s in Bilsthorpe. The chap before me in the chair was Lord something, the Earl of somewhere. Nice chap. All the top people have their hair cut in Bilsthorpe apparently! 

Just got back from the vets looks like its hip replacement time dont know when yet the doc says my left is really bad bone on bone and could break if i am not careful no more palais for a while cover for me ben.

Worrying news about King Charles. Hope he has a good team of oncologists. The Royal family must be worried sick . 

I had my right hip repaired in early 2020 after enduring the pain for a couple of years. I didn't get the physiotherapy I was promised as we went into lockdown so when I came out of hospital it was a diy exercise. It all worked out well in the end.

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

According to YouGov the average price for a man's haircut in the UK is £12.17 and I am known for my generosity!

That's not wot your chipshop manager says. :jumping:

Tell me doe's the Hair stylist / Barber  charge for what he takes  off or what he   leaves on ?? 

Pricing a salon visit is a very sore point in my books. There is such a lot to learn about styling and cutting, You dare not give just anyone  scissors and say just " "cut that mans Hair"  it has took us years to get out trade recognized  as a trade, we were always paid peanuts and yet the knowledge we had after finishing out apprenticeship was just the same as an electrician-plumber ect. Yet still, people think its an easy job WHY!!!  just a few things we have to know  Cutting shape of neckline / face shapes/ composition of hair/ how to hold your scissors/ how to use clippers what size of guard to use. chipping in to hair texturizing hair and scalp disorders and more opps must not forget H an S 

So next time you walk into the salon stop please and think wouild you go and work for peanuts.

12 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

There's nothing worse than catching your toes on unyielding objects like furniture. Since I also tend to walk around in the dark, I've had the problem many times!

Yes there is, stepping on a Lego brick on a hard surfaced floor.

• Like 1

Or like I did.  Bite your tongue in half as an 11 year old. Then have stitches in without anaesthetic. !

On 2/2/2024 at 4:53 AM, Jill Sparrow said:

Starlings seem to be making a comeback.

For my sins I was a dab hand a potting Starnags with my Milbro aluminium gatta powered by quarter inch square elastic from the local garage and ball bearing ammunition provided by my dad when he worked at Ransome and Marles at Newark. The local farmers welcomed our activities as Starlings were considered a pest.

I had the best steelie marbles too and used to buy my air gun pellets from the same garage.

• Like 1

I’m getting like Ben! I went to collect my prescription today and the lady in the surgery, when she saw my age, said ‘I don’t believe it. You look so much younger, what’s your secret?’ ‘Are you asking me for a date?’ I replied. Lots of hilarity in the room! :biggrin:

• Like 2

To be honest Phil., i,ve no idea. I,m just a lazy bugger at heart. Even my new GP did,nt believe me when I told her my age. " Not with skin like that your,e not", were her words. So she had another look at her computer records.

Think it might be due to all the swimming in the Trent as a nipper, in Nottingham.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

when she saw my age, said ‘I don’t believe it. You look so much younger, what’s your secret?’ ‘Are you asking me for a date?’ I replied. 

I hope you gave her guide dog a biscuit. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reading Peveril's latest contribution regarding religion led me to the Thought's for Today on the BBC's Today morning news that I listen to in bed. I often think when listening to these so called religious zealots that they must be on wacky baccy. 

I'm astounded at the unbelievable rubbish in that they attempt to justify in their mythical god how (he) loves us all and he is with us, makes me think that these educated people can actually believe in the things they speak of. Sorry if I have offended anyones feelings and I know that I could turn off the radio for two minutes but I just cannot be bothered.