How's your day?

Our cats brought 2 baby goldfinches in yesterday, alive but too damaged and young to rescue. Breaks my heart. They usually account for about 20 fledglings and adult birds pa.

Wish we didn't have them. They also killed several frogs a couple of months ago. Oddly enough they were all male frogs and there is still un fertilised spawn in the pond. Why the hell we have domestic cats I do not know. Lovely creatures but killers.

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Of course it's not alright. We regard ourselves as vastly superior to cats and other animal predators but we're tottering on the edge of annihilation because, for all our supposed intellect and logic, we're behaving like barbarians. 

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

Have the cats shot Lizzie, bloody nuisances

Rog

I admit that we’re not cat lovers and we have a bigger garden than all our neighbours, most of whom seem to have two cats each.  Every time I look out of the window there’s one of them sneaking around (and pooing)  however we wouldn’t ever harm a cat or any animal for that matter.

• Upvote 1

I have three options left to me for the cat problem that is plaguing our close, 

1 Catapult and .38 cal ball bearings

2 air rifle

3 four pronged bayonet (garden fork)

Why should I have to go around my garden every morning to clear away cat crap and being a bird lover why should I have to witness these creatures killing birds and raiding nests with young 

I have tried every thing I can think of to stop the problem from electronic scarers through to netting on my garden and nothing seems to stop them so as far as I can see the final solution is the only way, I'm sorry if this offends any of you but myself and the neighbours in the close have had enough, we have spent hundreds of pounds trying to get a friendly deterrent all a waste of money

Rog

Tried everything Phil, neighbour across the road spent over two hundred quid having proper spikes fitted along her wooden fence, a week later one of the things was sat on the fence, You can't say we haven't tried

Rog

At a previous house we had a cat flap in the utility room door, inherited from a previous occupant.  There was a horrible Ginger Tom that used to come in and stink the place out when we first moved there so something had to be done.  We tried unsuccessfully locking it and one night the Tom cat got in and obviously couldn’t get out.  He was running up the walls  knocking down washing powder etc from high shelves, he went berserk and next morning when we went in that room we thought he was going to attack us!  However, he didn’t come back into the house again!  

• Like 1

According to the RSPCA site you could "shoo  them away by shouting or clapping"... simples!   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

And then they come back and crap on the garden again unless you want to wait outside all day and night clapping and shouting, I'm afraid it's gone beyond that Brew, 

Rog

It’s strange because we’ve got two cats and the people whose gardens that back onto our orchard have six cats amongst them and we never have any cat problems. I have a large ginger cat purring on my knee as I type (with difficulty!)

35 minutes ago, plantfit said:

I'm afraid it's gone beyond that Brew

It was something of a jest PF   ;)

I know it was, hence the clapping and shouting all night comment, they are a pain in the ar$e though

Rog

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

And then they come back and crap on the garden again unless you want to wait outside all day and night clapping and shouting, I'm afraid it's gone beyond that Brew, 

Rog

Get yerself a very large, hungry savage dog Rog.

Edit. I read somewhere that if you could get a dollop of lion faeces and spread that around, it would solve the problem.

6 minutes ago, Beekay said:

read somewhere that if you could get a dollop of lion faeces and spread that around, it would solve the problem.

Very expensive and the scent has gone after the first rain shower, guy down the road tried it, he's now put electric wires on top of his fence like the farmers use to keep animals in the fields

Rog

41 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Get yerself a very large, hungry savage dog Rog.

Edit. I read somewhere that if you could get a dollop of lion faeces and spread that around, it would solve the problem.

Lion faeces? You’ve gone all posh since living in Lewes Barrie. :biggrin:

• Like 1

One tries to create a good impression and improve ones status on NS. Anybody can say crap !

Rog., if your'e gonna electrify, make sure it's about 50,000 volts.

• Like 1

It;s one of them 12 volt thingies that ramp up to really high voltage but low amperage or sommat, no enough to kill em but give a hefty wack, still prefer a piece of 5.52mm lead

Rog

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Lion faeces

First catch your lion, but will you not be swapping one sort for another?

• Like 1

Anyroad to get back on topic, today I went to the nearest petrol station (Hykeham A46) to fuel up the car, had a coffee when I got back then decided to wash the car, something therapeutic about washing the car, ran out of car shampoo so had to use next best thing which was Radox Bath Soak, I now have a very relaxed car, the monthly local magazines were delivered to me when I was doing the car and looking at the local weather forecast for tomorrow (I usually deliver the mags on a Saturday) it said heavy rain/showers so decided to deliver them today, 45 copies the other end of the village 40 minutes from leaving home to getting back, quickest I ever done it, after that I made myself a lovey, tasty cheese burger on a toasted bun mmmmm, about it really apart from do Mrs P a bowl of soup with herb and sea salt croutons (whatever they are), hope you've all enjoyed the day,

Rog

Now where's them bloody cats

• Like 1

It's now 00.15 and only my moniker is showing on 'who's online', so I'll say good  night and God Bless to anyone who tunes in. XX

• Like 1

Good frost again this morning at 05.45 but cleared away nicely by 07.15, off to Newark in a bit so catch you all later have a great day everyone

Rog