• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Jill, we had 2 black cats mother and daughter like peas in a pod. Sadly the kitten was run over but we still have the mom. She has very thick silky short hair. 

IMG-0722.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well they all look like bloody teachers to me ! How old were they Phil? The school I attended, we never heard of '6th formers'. We just muddled through and our teachers were glad to be shot of us. I finished up in class 4A. ( thats as high as we went).

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Just found this ‘photo. Lower 6th. But which is me?1954-64-Peaker-497-Original.jpg

I don't know any of you, but I can see the bottom of Kersall Drive to the right, and just sticking out behind the head of Mr Top Left, is the tower of Our Lady RC Church on Brooklyn Road.

As far as I can tell the site has been cleared, but not yet built on. 

They may build houses and name the streets after your teachers.. .. like they did with the HP site..;)

12 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

He looks somewhat like a young Kenneth Clarke.  The two behind you are sporting very luxuriant heads of hair.  I wonder whether all their little follicles are still operational?

Last time I saw them they still had lots of hair. Sadly second right died last year. The other chap, Ray Hickling, was a pharmacist, based in Spondon, now living in Portsmouth. Another accomplished pianist.

1 minute ago, DJ360 said:

I don't know any of you, but I can see the bottom of Kersall Drive to the right, and just sticking out behind the head of Mr Top Left, is the tower of Our Lady RC Church on Brooklyn Road.

As far as I can tell the site has been cleared, but not yet built on. 

They may build houses and name the streets after your teachers.. .. like they did with the HP site..;)

Spot on!

Happy chap this morning............lots of 'Fathers day'' greetings from around the World........Iraq..Rwanda...Australia......Oh yes not forgetting.......

........Bulwell....Bestwood....and Hucknall..........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

To be honest, pretty pi$$ed off.

Something is eating my pansies and marigolds, the first suspect was snails and slugs and as we have visitors with dogs I can't put any baits down. I reverted to using some empty butter plastic cartons and carefully sunk so the top was at ground level and dutifully put some beer in them as they are supposed to be attracted to the yeast. I used a cheap supermarket own brand called Smithy's Bitter.

Checked them this morning, nothing, so it must be caterpillars or something else, possums or even rats. I tasted the "cheap" beer and it was the nearest thing to a hoppy English bitter I have yet found, delicious, I shan't be wasting any more on the snails and slugs. We did have one brewed by an Adelaide multinational brewery that was good and they closed the brewery and started brewing in Melbourne, it just doesn't taste the same. What really peed me off was wasting a good beer and getting nothing in the beer traps.

• Upvote 1

NHS Experience as follows. Submitted an online form at the beginning of March to my surgery for further investigation for my left knee problem 2 years after it was diagnosed by the surgery physio as osteo arthritis and having had an X Ray which came back as normal with “no further action required”. No one at the surgery advised me of this, I looked on my patient record.
 Managed to see a doctor on the 11th April who referred me for an MRI which was completed on the 4th June only after ringing the booking office to check what was happening with appointments. Checked with the surgery this morning and the results are back but I am now on the waiting list for a doctors appointment which they advised me will be at least another 3 weeks after looking at the MRI result  and they won’t release the results to me till then. 
How ridiculous is this situation? I can only think positively (in between the ranting) and assume that there is nothing “seriously” wrong with it although my mobility has been considerably compromised all the time with it for at least 6 months now.

Rant over, sleep tight folks!

@MRS B  are you subscribed to ‘My Chart?’ Or is this not a Nationwide site?  I can access all my results - blood tests’  scans and clinic reports - as soon as my GP gets them.  I had a hospital clinic appt on Saturday and the detailed results were on My Chart on Monday morning!   Detailed Scan results usually take a bit longer…. Maybe a couple of weeks and I sometimes have to do a fair bit of googling to understand all of the medical terms!

Maybe we are just fortunate to live in the Cambridge area as I have no problems with getting appts at the GP Surgery either.

i hope your knee problem - whatever it is - can soon be resolved x

Mychart sounds something akin to Patients Know Best (!!)

The latter is supposed to be a one stop for viewing all your appointments, test results, medication, etc. The problem is that virtually no one in the medical profession has ever heard of it. The problem boils down to plain old communication again. Or as we used to say, Rubbish in, Rubbish out.