How's your day?

3 nights in the hotel and they're now back home, BUT on a SET warning (the 3 levels are Ready, Set, Go).
Some of the bushes surrounding them are scorched so the hot wind must have been blowing in their direction from the fire.
No damage to the house or grandson's Landcruiser parked outside.

They met some of the Firefighters in the hotel resting on day 2 and discovered that their house frontage was a forward base location, the fire was about 2½ miles away.

vcCbiw7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Just looking on All Activity, and the last 10 posts have all been on Anything Political, apart from one odd 'Keep one, Drop one'. No wonder I'm watching football. Are we back in the drought?

• Like 1

Another quiet period on nottstalgia,we need some new/younger members to liven the site up, bring in some new topics or resurrect some of the older ones even the ones that go way back to the beginning of the site, I'll have a look at the early ones to see if any are worth bringing forward

Rog

• Like 1

I can still chase the ladies Rog. The trouble is, when I catch em, I can't remember why I was chasing em. Or, they have to wait for me to catch up. I miss my time of flirting, when I was a conductor out of Bilborough depot.

• Like 1

I received a letter this morning, it was an appointment for a MRi scan.

NOW!!!! not sure if some-one was taking the ?????  

It said the date and time  ----- then the address was

Nems Platform one 

Srtation street 

Nottingham

Nottinghamshire.

It also said if you require hospital transport contact MRI booking team 

As we no longer have the car i require transport,  the lady on the phone was very blunt and in a nice way u'mmm told me  that they did not book transport. and some how even though i had not ask for my appointment to be changed I am mow booked in at the city hospital !!!!!!!!

IS IT ME????

• Like 1

Mary,
NEMS is a contract GP out of hours service, they occupy (part of ?) an old British railways goods office.

The MRI unit will be a Contract services transportable unit (not mobile) in the car park.

I had a prostate MRI at the City Hospital 2 years ago, that was a contract transportable unit in the Maternity unit car park.

J1dZBWy.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stuart.C said:

...... MRI at the City Hospital 2 years ago, that was a contract transportable unit in the Maternity unit car park.

I've also been there in that same van............And had a CT scan in a trailer in the car park at QMC.

• Like 1

There's going to be a new NHS Diagnostic centre on Lister Gate, in a remaining bit of Broad Marsh (left side before B-M entrance) which will do MRI, CT, X-rays and ultrasound scans.
Opens spring next year.
Maybe that'll replace the temporary ones.