• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No English anything in Bradford!!

Posted Images

The logo of Robin Hood looks like it was the old "Home Ales" logo. so is it, or was it the staff cafe at Home Ales brewery? Just a guess! Tim.

Sorry Radford, only saw it yesterday, recognised the island, left plenty of fishing tackle on there through casting too far, was a member of the club back in the early- mid 90s when I worked at the Raleigh for a short time, thanks for the memories

Rog

What happened to my post from yesterday morning ,answering this question as Raleigh pond ???? I too only fished it the once , and yup lost a load of tackle , got frozen, gave up, and watched the lads playing footie instead!!!!!!!!!1

Harrisons plantation is the other side of Old Coach Road to Raleigh pond and it runs from there through to Martins pond which I believe fishing has been banned and the place turned into an inner city nature reserve. The problem there is "who looks after the place now there are no fishermen, as well as getting revenue from the fishing the fishermen also policed the place, looking out for vandals, fly tipping etc, fishing is also a good way of telling the quality of the water through the quality of fish caught, I've not been back for a few years but I can imagine the state of this "inner city nature reserve" It would be nice to be proved wrong on that last point

Rog

Once played in a benefit cricket match at Old Coach Road...

IIRC, my second delivery bowled at famous Test cricketer Clive Rice disappeared, either in the pond - or beyond it!

Cheers

Robt P.

I do walk the dog up there i cant say i have seen anyone fishing Martins pond for years , but i have seen Raleigh pond being fished.

The bailiff many years ago was a old fellow called Ted who's ears looked like he may have played rugby or been a boxer in his youth , did Raleigh also own a bit of the Trent near Clifton bridge ?

You are right about them owning the rights at Clifton bridge, I think it was up stream on the Lenton side (north) below the bridge was day ticket water collected by some one from the Prince of Wales farm as we new it, Talking of the Prince of Wales farm, which we weren't The old Prince of Wales used to stay there on his visits to the area, (that's how it got the name) would that be Queen Victoria's son?

Rog

• 4 years later...