• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

Another great year 1963.............18.and loving it....

Past me driving test...

Bought old banger for £20...

First time drive to Skeggy...with Millie Small lookalike......

Chap on pushbike Passed me...going up the big hill in Lincoln...

Caravan on trunch lane..Ingoldmills..10 bob a night...

Oh what a night...lol

• Like 3

Thats another classic i also stayed in a caravan at ingoldmells around 1964 i drove there a couple of months after passing my driving test in my old faithful Morris 1000 i remember driving through Linclon instead of around it and driving past the aerodromes that used to be with the state of the art technology planes.

• Like 1

Goodness, I would have been 9 in 1964 and also probably in Ingoldmells on Wall Lane, staying in a holiday bungalow with my family. Small world eh.

• Like 1

Barrie, I could do with a big bro, both mine have passed away so there’s a big hole there. 

Well I'm available, that includes parties, weddings, funerals and barmitzvas.

Lost all three of my brothers and never had a sister.

( Had 1 older brother and 2 younger than me ).

Old Julio bit of a lad wern't he.............

Its 52 years(this week) since i first went to Espana...(Majorca)...........£40 for a long week-end..........had a mate Woody allen lookalike whos wife had to drop out..so i did him a favour and stood in for her....it was with a ladies Dart team from Arnold.....the then wife was not best pleased...but felt sorry for Woody and couldn't let him down...lol.....

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

whos wife had to drop out..so i did him a favour and stood in for her

Really!!  lips0

Quiet on here again........except for drop one game........

Love this......what memories...Bodega nights......Bar stool...drop of Whisky...Trina......and a Park Drive

Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress - YouTube 

21 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Quiet on here again........except for drop one game........

Love this......what memories...Bodega nights......Bar stool...drop of Whisky...Trina......and a Park Drive

Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress - YouTube 

I never realised Marsden's had an off licence section.

• Like 1

Don’t think I’ve ever heard it before Ben. The Hollies weren’t one of my favourite group, although I saw them live at the Sherwood Rooms in mid 60s.  The only memory of that night was Alan Clark coming on stage drunk and not giving us our money’s worth. 

• Like 1

Thought you would like '''Long cool woman in a black dress @LizzieM''..

What about sitting on a 'Bar-Stool'' in Bodega''..?....lol

• Like 1
On 12/19/2023 at 12:19 AM, LizzieM said:

I have a husband who has the tv (in my bit of the house) on all day so to save issues my music rarely gets played.  I get my fix from @benjamin1945posts! 

Lizzie, I have a wife of the same ilk, so I only really get to use my posh record player when she's out.  Mercifully my youngest Granddaughter is still a toddler so Mrs Col usually spends a couple of days a week looking after her so that No.2 Daughter can work from home. I think she's doing freelance stuff for Matalan again at present.

I once  'integrated' my hi fi system and the TV, so that the telly had my speakers either side and the sound routed through a £3k amplifier.  Way better than the TV sound but 'er indoors wasn't having it so the TV went back to its original position and in a quiet fit of pique, I went out and bought a 'server' : Like this:

zenmini_lifestyle_4_605.jpg

It's called an 'Innuos Zen Mini Mk III' and is the cheapest in the Innuos range. The 'server' is the top box and the bottom box is just an optional outboard power supply which improves the sound slightly.

Why am I telling you this?

Because all of my CDs and a lot of 'digitised' LPs are now stored on it.  The CDs are all out of the way in the loft.

You just download the Innuos App to your phone or tablet etc. Then each CD is shoved into the slot in the top box.  The server automatically 'rips' it and then goes online to find all of the 'metadata', like track listing, cover art etc. and everything is stored on the server's hard drive. It takes a couple of minutes per CD, but when it's done it's done and you can put your CDs away. It's far quicker finding any CD, artist or song, via the App than it is spending hours squinting at racks of CD's.

You need some sort of hi fi system to connect the Innuos to, and then you can use your phone or tablet to find anything stored on it and play it. You can also create playlists. It also provides access to Internet Radio.

You also need an 'ethernet' connection so the server can connect to the internet to find metadata and internet radio. I just use a couple of those  ethernet adapter plugs that plug into the mains and use the mains wiring to connect the server to my Router.. which is in another room. Easy.

Crucially, you can also use a 'player' app to 'pull' music from the server onto your phone etc, and then listen via headphones, wired or wireless. I do that when I'm fed up of the telly.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DJ360 said:

the bottom box is just an optional outboard power supply which improves the sound slightly.

I'm curious, care to explain how this works?

One of my very favourite Xmas songs..........reminds me of many times driving home for Xmas......always played this and it always set my mood....for the Kids and little wife.....

Full screen a must.........

• Like 1

For some unknown, unexplained reason this song always reminds of driving on the A1 past Peterborough. And always the same area, when passing 'Kates Kabin' transport cafè at the A47 crossing. Passed that way thousands of times but can't figure a connection.