11 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Here's one for @carni..hope you ok gel...

One of my favourites Benj, i still love Billies songs.I have been a bit rough these past few months, medication problems, sorry I haven't joined in so much, but I am getting there.Thanks for asking Miduck.x

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

Celtic woman

The  Circle of life  , you raise me up, and many more.

11 hours ago, carni said:

I have been a bit rough these past few months, medication problems, sorry I haven't joined in so much, but I am getting there.Thanks for asking Miduck.x

Nice to see you're still around and watching everyone, carni :)

• Like 1

On leaving school in 1960 and thru my Teens....Bobby was one of my favourites........Reckon i had most of his records.......those early 60s there would be a Party nearly every week with my old 'School-mates''....and the songs of Bobby Vee were always in evidence.....

He sadly passed away  from Alzheimers disease at 73.......

• Like 3

I was going through a box full of sheet music the other day and found Richard Rodgers ' Slaughter on Tenth Avenue.  I first heard it when the senior class at ballet (Patricia James who, in those days, was at the Cooperative Arts' Theatre on George Street) were rehearsing it for a show. The seniors were in their late teens and twenties with some very good students among them.  It comes from On Your Toes of 1936, choreographed by Georges Balanchine.  Here's a link to the incomparable Gene Kelly with Vera-Ellen as the girl. I think Cyd Charisse would have been a better choice.

Basically, it tells a story that must be familiar to our very own Ben.  Doesn't matter who's dancing with Gene Kelly, you just can't take your eyes off him.

• Like 1

Just watched man/boys group on U-Tube  Celtic Thunder  Irish folk songs and a few Irish rebel songs.

"AMFT" "251" Was my conductress in 1964.  :Shock:

And the prize for longest post goes to...

• Like 2

Enjoyed most places around the UK..........But must admit have a special love for Liverpool........the Music of the 60s...the football....the People...even the Cathedral.......loved sailing in from the 'Isle of Man'' and listening to 'Ferry cross the Mersey''

Sorry folks.......i was trying to post summat.....but obviously failed......ive asked cliff ton to cancel.......:crazy:

Enjoyed most places around the UK..........But must admit have a special love for Liverpool........the Music of the 60s...the football....the People...even the Cathedral.......loved sailing in from the 'Isle of Man'' and listening to 'Ferry cross the Mersey''

This is what i was trying to add to my post ref Liverpool....

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Was it tattooed on her backside!

Dunno mate, was'nt able to watch her going upstairs to the top deck. Stairs were at the other end of the bus.

• Like 1

Yes Ian, on the old AEC mk3 they also had a backwards periscope, so the driver could see what was happening upstairs. I used to call it a "Seebackroscope".

• Like 1