Oztalgian

What are you listening to now ??

For Motown lovers, the Temptations were one of the most exciting bands, both musicaly, and in their superbly choreographed stage act.

This song was a favourite for me and a certain young lady from Strelley.  We'd both been treated pretty shabbily by previous partners, and we wallowed in the sentiments of this song.  Ahh  the joys of youth..

And this..  with the ill-fated David Ruffin singing lead....a harder edged but still brilliant sound..

Shivers......

If me kids are reading I'd like this played up Wilford Hill vampire2

What...Now??

• Like 1

I've been revisiting S&G on YT recently and still impressed by the quality of their output. Paul Simon being one of my seriously-listen-to writers. This starts with youthful optimism and then doubt creeps in. 

Some generic pop tunes from the 50s/early 60s which have the beautiful haunting saxophone, not used in pop music today. This one has the electric organ at the beginning establishing the key and the piano vamping in the higher octaves:

Another pop, sounded good on goose fair waltzers:-

Beeston youth club 1961 is for me where this one is anchored:-

Another belter from the fair, this sax clearly pierced through all the rumbling of the waltzers and thundering of the Gardner and Cummins diesels which drove the generators:-

Another song in the doowop style is this cover. The sax is not in the original 1958 hit. 

The sax goes well here but I still have a soft spot for Little Anthony's original which doesn't have the sax intro.

• Like 1

Don't usually watch the music posted here, nor have I ever been a KM fan but for some weird reason I watched this one and quite enjoyed it..

Tears on my pillow.... I can relate to that, especially in my teenage years.... made me  a bit weepy.... probably crying for those years that are gone forever?   I love my life now but those teenage years were very special.

Nottingham's favorite Sons ....... Wotcha!

Don't Think Twice It's Alright - Great clip Enigma some evocative 60's memories on that one.

Can you still get Double Diamond?

• Like 1

This is got me

Well they sold out The Bodega so it was upgraded to The Rescue Rooms, last night went to see Dublin band Fontaines D.C. they destroyed it!

Still buzzing.

Gonna be massive.

I think I was away when Scott Walker died.  I can't say I really bought into his later stuff.. but his voice was magnificent on those 60s hits and on his solo albums Scott 1 to Scott 4.

Worth saying that the Walker Bros version of 'Make It Easy on Yourself'  was a virtual note for note version of Jerry Butler's 1963 hit.

I love both, for different reasons.  The Walker's is great pop.  Jerry's original is acheingly soulful and real.

And in the context of early 60s soul...

I get very very nostalgic around this music and could go on all night...  Just be thankful I don't.......  ;)

• Upvote 1

Recently bought the Five Classic Albums set, which contains Scott 1-4 plus one other on CT's recommendation.

Just haven't had time to give them a whirl yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Recently bought the Five Classic Albums set, which contains Scott 1-4 plus one other on CT's recommendation.

Just haven't had time to give them a whirl yet.

I've only got a Walker's Greatest Hits.. and Scott 3. All on vinyl. I've been thinking of getting the 5CD set.  Can't go wrong for 12 quid.

Exactly Col. I paid about £10. Brand new on eBay.

Probably gone up since he died.

And tonight's album, while the boss is out.. is>>>

Veedon Fleece.  A real sleeper of an album which seems to be gettiing more popular 45 years after release...

Followed by Nanci Griffith. 'Late Night Grande Hotel'.

It has to be said that my pretty decent hi-fi system sounds at its best late at night.  Lots of people find this and there are various theories/explanations.

1. Lack of external noise/distraction.

2. Closed curtains affecting room acoustics.

3. Less electrical interference on the mains supply.

4. Booze.

5. Etc...

:)