• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,      Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts an

Did his face ring a bell?

Equally entitled to make his mark as a social comment but not to deface the work of another. That's the difference between art and vandalism. The yob/yobess who defaced the picture is not entitled to

I haven't looked at Nottstalgia since about 2pm this afternoon.

On seeing this thread, first reaction was that we've been hit by a spam attack - first for several years.

Then I read the posts and it all makes sense. ;)

Mission accomplished.

• Like 1

Actually I don’t drink  - I’m being serious now! Alcohol aggravates my gout so I’ve banned myself.

A friend of mine who is a keen ale drinker and belongs to CAMRA had a stroke this Monday. His wife, a nurse, recognised the symptoms, called 999 and the paramedic arrived within six minutes closely followed by an ambulance. He was taken to the stroke unit where he was scanned and the clot discovered and treated. He went through all the tests and obs and he insisted that he be out on Tuesday as he was going on a CAMRA trip to Liverpool. He was pronounce OK on Tuesday and went home but his wife wouldn’t let him go to Liverpool! I normally meet with him on a Monday night with another friend for a drink. Having been forced to miss Monday he insisted on going out on Wednesday night so my other friend collected him and we met for a drink. He had beer, I had a tonic water! He was also going out to meet friends in a pub on Thursday but he had to get the bus as he can’t drive for a month by order. He’s a fellow pilot so he’s got balls of steel but I had to admire his bravado. Until recently he ran marathons in cities all over the world. Looking forward to next Monday when hopefully we meet again!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Phil, I don't drink either. Not teetotal, just don't bother. Don't agree with drinking on me own. Saw what it did to my ma. B.

Same from me.  Actually you can bounce back from the stroke pretty quick. I know I did.  problem now is I'm still walking with a limp.  Short term memoriy is shaky and you're concerned you don't have another.  The next could be the last.  Not required to stop driving here either.

As far as I could see he was perfectly normal. He looked and felt fine. We tried to stop him from coming out but he insisted. He’s just turned 71 and I’ve known him since 1973. He obviously got to go back for checks but the consultant was happy to release him.

3 hours ago, loppylugs said:

The garden and doggy dooty calls.

I parsed that as doggy BOOTY calls.... the mind boggles..

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I normally meet with him on a Monday night with another friend

Aha, so you have a least two friends then Mr Grumpy...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

About my drink " problem". I have been told by the pain relief clinic not to drink alcohol because I now wear a plaster on my arm of a strong medication. (My back problem ). I wear it for 7 days then change it. Sounds a bit stupid but I must obey. The only thing I can take is paracetamol if the pain gets a bit too much which at the moment has spread to my neck and shoulders. 

Its a good job I'm not bothered about alcohol although now and again I would love a glass of wine or a beer . Patience.

• Like 1

They tried 'em over here LL (might still be available for all I know) but they were absolutely awful. Not sure what they tasted of but I wasn't  beer..

• Like 1

Thanks both LL and Brew . Don't know if they sell them or not , they probably do but I'm not that bothered. I've never been interested in drinking to excess and now as I get older I'm even more disinterested. Strange with always having restaurants and being used to working with food and wine.